Midwest Professional Photographer's Event

Default Midwest Professional Photographer's Event

I will be holding the second annual Midwest Professional Photographer’s Event SNOOP GROUP SHOOT. Last year was such a success that I will be vamping it up this year.

Wedding and Celebrity photographer, Gene Ho of http://www.genehophotography.com will be coming back for this event from South Carolina to give another informative workshop. He was a guest speaker last year and to this day, I have followed his wonderful tips in bringing in more cash flow. I’m ecstatic that he is coming back!!

Gene has many years of photography experience. He has an extensive staff around the midwest. Every year, he has about 300 photographer’s apply to work with him and only two or three are fortunate enough to work for a year as an assistant before hired to photograph any jobs. He has very high standards and treats his employee’s as they are his family.

Gene and his crew have had the honor to photograph some amazing people. Kevin Costner, John McCain, Joe Gibbs and newly added Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina just to name a few. And if you are a race fan, check out Gene Ho Racing. Cool stuff!!

But the core of Gene’s photography is his normal everyday clients. His ‘non intrusive’ photography and style gets noticed. He books weddings in Paris, Aspen, Cancun, Reno and more wonderful locations. This may seem like a dream job, but I can assure you that Gene and his photographer’s work hard. And that same hard work goes into the church or venue just around the corner.

Gene also plays an active role in his favorite charity Victory Junction. Check out his cool public service announcement that is running today.

Well, I can go on and on about Gene, but come meet him for yourself. You can also meet Gene through his two published books…The Art of Marketing and The Wedding Photographer’s Handbook.

A new guest this year and a rising star in the photography world, Amanda Reed of http://amanda-reed.com/ from West Virginia. She will be giving a workshop on posing, composition and more. I became a fan of Amanda on facebook but really discovered her talent when she held a contest on facebook with her logo. The response was overwhelming. Her logo was everywhere. I think someone was even getting a tattoo of her AR logo…crazy!!

Amanda has an amazing eye and her determination took her to the top in just three short years. Shooting numerous seniors a year she started The AR Scholarship program. This scholarship is not based on the most photogenic or popularity. It’s not even based on grades. Amanda’s life story brings about a series of unfortunate events and how she overcame them. So this scholarship program is based on the person’s heart and soul. Finding someone who can beat the odds as Amanda has.

I can’t say enough how giving back to any community is important and needed. Amanda knows this all to well. She is starting a series of workshops with her first one to be in Lancaster, PA. April 30th. Then here in Indiana June 7th. I’m sure she will get many more requests to showcase not only her talent but to help other photographer’s gain knowledge to their own road of success.

Amanda also shoots weddings and families. Her photography style is what brings clients back and new one’s coming in. If you follow her on facebook, you will see that she has a no holds bar demeanor. If this turns you off then you are not her type of client. As Jasmine Star says, “attract and repel”. Everything you do or say in your business or even personal life will either attract or repel the clients you want. I believe this is so true…thanks Jasmine for that simple but overlooked insight.

Another person to note is Terry Bateman of Performing Arts Photography by Bateman. Terry is a very knowledgeable photographer as well as a former President of the PPI (Professional Photographers of Indiana). Terry was generous enough to allow me to use his studio as a meeting place and he is so gracious once again to allow me to use it this year. It’s people coming together like this that also makes us a success.

The Snoop Group Shoot event to be held here in Indiana (Indianapolis) on June 7th. It’s only $60 and you get a $100 gift card to one of the best labs in the country Black River Imaging (courtesy of Gene Ho).

Photovision has also graciously given me 5 fabulous door prizes.

The event goes like this:

SNOOP: 2 hours
    Professional photographer's bring their rate cards and we all get to SNOOP on each other's cards. As a photographer and the host/moderator of this event, I was blown away and really had to rethink my own cards.

GROUP: 2 Hours
    This is the workshop/speaker's part. This year Gene Ho will be discussing shooting in the dark. "Are You Afraid Of The Dark"...he will be discussing how to get stunning images in low light situations without using a tripod or a flash. Of course, this shouldn't be used in all situations but it's nice to have the knowledge in case you need it. One of his photographer's Nadean had the RARE opportunity to shoot in the Citadel Barracks (it's illegal to photograph there). See attachment...

Amanda will be giving posing tips, composition, etc. on seniors. While most of know the basics to posing, she will be giving us Drama (shots).

SHOOT: 2 hours+
    I will have 2-3 models and the shootout will take place at Butler University. This was a great place for the shoot last year so we will be going back but to different area's of the campus. We also may hit Mass Ave...
    I have been encouraging all photographer's coming to this event to get some bio images done. It seems that all too often, we don't have any great bio images. Now would be the time to get some done.

After the workshop, Gene and a group of photographer's will be going out to shoot at night. This is optional and I think a great opprotunity to put what you have learned to the test.

Here is the promo piece. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you there!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Midwest Professional Photographer's Event

I am looking forward to this.

Hi Joshua,

We look forward to having you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Robyn Kord

Update on The Snoop Group Shoot event...

Here is the link to Gene Ho's portion of his workshop.

http://www.undergroundgeneho.com/AfraidDark.html

Also, Photovision, whom I LOVE and probably needs no introduction has given me 5 fabulous door prizes.

I currently have photographers coming from Ohio, North Carolina, Michigan and Minnesota. Hope you can join us

New facebook page for the event...

SNOOP GROUP SHOOT

More sponsors and door prizes...

Lowepro
    Triple Scoop Music
    Photovision

Don't miss out on the fun and learning experience.