Photographing Less than Perfect People
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Photographing Less than Perfect People

Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Default Re: Photographing Less than Perfect People

wow, you worded this perfectly.....good luck with it! Maybe you can take your show on the road!

Cindy and I will be there.

I know I posted this on the other thread but figured I would put it here as well just in case people wanna know who's going.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

I am going to try to make it. Just need info on local area hotels and what airport I should fly into. Also, will we be together for lunch or are we going to be on our own?
    Lorrie K
    Lorrie Kennedy Photography

"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn’t, it ain’t. That’s logic.”

Tweedledee in Through the Looking Glass

Everyone, we really appreciate your enthusiasm. But to really confirm attendence we need either a phone call with a credit card number or print the flyer and mail us the registration form. We would love to fly by the seat of our pants on this but we are putting this together on a tight budget and just planning on covering expenses. For example that's why we are meeting at Angela's church instead of at a hotel - saves about $200 on the cost of the meeting room. So like Angela said on the other thread, we need 10 confirmed registrations to cover the meeting room, our travel expenses and the cost to be a Continuing Education program so we can offer merits. So if you are set on coming, please take the extra step and call or send in your registration. OF COURSE if we do not get enough attendence to pull this off ALL money will be refunded. Thanks a bunch guys!

Keith
    Keith A. Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie_Kennedy View Post
    I am going to try to make it. Just need info on local area hotels and what airport I should fly into. Also, will we be together for lunch or are we going to be on our own?
    Lorrie, Again, in order to keep the cost down, we decided not to include lunch. Angela assures me that there are several inexpensive restaurants in the area and our current plan is to car pool somewhere. Don't worry! we won't lket you starve. Angela is working on a list of hotels.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe

Quote Originally Posted by GregYager View Post
    Cindy and I will be there.

I know I posted this on the other thread but figured I would put it here as well just in case people wanna know who's going.
    Are you stopping by on your way up?
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_A_Howe View Post
    Lorrie, Again, in order to keep the cost down, we decided not to include lunch. Angela assures me that there are several inexpensive restaurants in the area and our current plan is to car pool somewhere. Don't worry! we won't lket you starve. Angela is working on a list of hotels.

Keith
    Lol...so glad to know I won't starve. I got a little extra padding anyway, so a little hunger won't kill me.
    Lorrie K
    Lorrie Kennedy Photography

"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn’t, it ain’t. That’s logic.”

Tweedledee in Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie_Kennedy View Post
    Lorrie, you would probably fly into Grand Rapids airport

Hi all. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but family stuff came up. Anyway, yes, you will want to fly into Grand Rapids airport, unless you plan to rent a car and stay for a couple extra days. Then you could fly into Detroit and then drive over. (If you want to fly Southwest you'll have to fly into Detroit, as Southwest doesn't fly into GR at all). Anyway, I will try to get a list of reasonable hotels nearby, and will try to make myself or my husband available to pick up and drop off as many people as possible, to keep costs down. Unfortunately, the hotels are not right near the airport, or my church, so some driving will be involved, so someone may need to rent a car if they want to do any other driving besides to the hotel and seminar. But once I know more about who's coming and who's driving themselves, we should probably be able to get a better idea of the carpooling situation. I'll get together the hotel list as soon as I can.

Hope to see you all there!
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography
    Where Life + Art = Memories Forever
    http://www.aglphotography.net