Merit Images
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Merit Images

Default Merit Images

I would love to see some of the images that have earned Merits in the last few years. I would post some myself but I haven't earned a merit since 99 and I don't get to see as many judgings as I used to. I hope some of you will post images with information like where it hung, what it scored (if applicable) what category it was entered under, what the title is and if it went loan. I really need to see what the judges are looking for. I have checked out the loan books from the last couple of years and they're great but I'd like to see some non-loan merit prints also. Thanks - David
    Last edited by David_A._Lottes; 05-25-2006 at 08:59 PM.

Default Merit Images...

These are some that earned merits for me last fall...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Merit Images...Part 2

One last one...

Scores were...
    In Full Bloom (Iris) 81
    In a CHild's Eyes 78
    HeartBeats 77
    Friends 78
    Makin' It 79
    A Moment 80

State gives a merit at 75 Honors (PPA Merit) at 80
    Only one, in Full Bloom hung at the SEPPA Competition in March

I have entered only one other competition, in 1998, where 5 of 6 hung with the best being an 80. This fall I have several nature images to try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Mark
    All entered under open photographic? Love the Iris, I didn't think those things could live in your climate, do they bloom all year round!

Dave - Are you aware there are also general collection books? If you want to see prints that hung but didn't go loan that's the book you want. Contact Marathon Press 1-800-228-0629.
    Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Thanks Keith
    I have looked through those to but I thought I'd get to see more with 5000 + members on this forum! I guess no one wants to brag

Hard to believe

PPA has a traveling Loan Collection and the books so I thought this thread could be an On-line version of those things for people who can't get to see the exhibits or get their hands on the books. Not to mention it would be a chance for people with merit prints not included in those books to showcase their talent and share their skill. I hope Mark isn't the only one out there willing to share.

Thanks again Mark
    Last edited by David_A._Lottes; 05-26-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Default Ahh merit images... PEC judges don't read!

Hey David,

Ok, not bragging but I'll share...I entered my first ever case to the western states regionals. Folks from CA,OR,WA,AZ,,NV and BC join and the 80+ses actually mean they are merit prints with PEC/PPA.

Heavenly Day! 80 in the wedding category.

Hip Hop Baby, 86 and was the Judges choice.

Benched! 88, and was best overall in wedding entries and was probably 3rd or 4th overall.

Left Hanging, unknown score..... wish me luck on this and I hope I get a 4/4 at nationals.

There ya go!
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 05-27-2006 at 04:05 AM.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Default Thats what I'm talkin bout!

Thanks Marc

Beautiful!Beautiful!

Hi David,

Rather than reposting (too lazy, I guess), here is a synopsis of my images in the gallery forum: http://ourppa.com/gallery/browseimag...&imageuser=807

2004: Loan Images - Friends, Honest I'm Innocent
    General - Bottoms Up

2005: General Images - New Elvis, Generations, Quality time and Still Daddy's Girls (These two not posted yet).

Michael
    Last edited by Michael_Gan; 05-29-2006 at 09:22 PM.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default Ahhh Honest, we're Innocent

Hi Michael,

I've alway's loved Honest, We're Innocent...

Good luck on this years case...
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com