Am new to PPA and First time goer to Imaging USA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Am new to PPA and First time goer to Imaging USA

I've heard that all the first timers and cool kids are meeting up in Grand Ballroom C2 at 9:00 Monday morning...

Just saying.

- trr
    REICHMAN
    www.reichmanphotography.com

www.amantofish.com
    - Meaning, purpose and profit for photographers -

SEXY BUSINESS WORKSHOP
    Three days to a rock-solid business plan, an effective and profitable pricing structure and a mouth-wateringly compelling brand

I attended both the Gen Next classes. What class is in grand ballroom C2 at 9:00am tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by K_Jordan View Post
    I attended both the Gen Next classes. What class is in grand ballroom C2 at 9:00am tomorrow?
    Nothing important.... just a "business" class.... likely nothing a new photog would need...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Lawrence View Post
    Nothing important.... just a "business" class.... likely nothing a new photog would need...
    LoL! I realize a business class will be taking place there. I was more interested in the topic of the class. And although I am fairly new to PPA, I wouldn't exactly call myself a "new" photographer. I figure after being in the business for the past few years I don't fall into the new photographer label anymore. I do, however, think I still fall into the new studio owner category since I just opened up shop last year.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Jordan View Post
    LoL! I realize a business class will be taking place there. I was more interested in the topic of the class. And although I am fairly new to PPA, I wouldn't exactly call myself a "new" photographer. I figure after being in the business for the past few years I don't fall into the new photographer label anymore. I do, however, think I still fall into the new studio owner category since I just opened up shop last year.
    The first 5 years of business is really critical, and it sounds like you're in your second year. If I were in your sandals, I'd be taking every business class I could get my ears on, it will be the difference between making a living and having a hobby.... best of luck.

I couldn't agree more and I have been making the business classes a priority. So far there has been a great deal of excellent and useful information that I can put to use in continuing and growing my business. I'm beginning to realize that putting off working on my website, branding, and blog has been a huge mistake and one that I plan to correct as soon as possible. I have been running on the idea that taking as many clients and shots as I possibly can is more important than getting my website finished/updated and creating my brand which is now obviously not the way to run a business. I also plan to make SMS and getting my numbers in line another priority after the information I've gathered in the business classes. I'm looking forward to learning even more.

If you don't mind a suggestion..... put together a business plan (if you haven't already) and a marketing plan from that. Once you have a direction, you can utilize the ideas that work for your business model.

Default Imaging USA split a pass

Looking to split a pass only have lodging.

dds42000@gmail.com

Default Re: Imaging USA split a pass

Quote Originally Posted by 188252 View Post
    Looking to split a pass only have lodging.

dds42000@gmail.com
    Now that's what I call getting an early start.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

That sounds like me - I have lodging already for Imaging 2012 too...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman