with no Affiliate--what to do?

Default with no Affiliate--what to do?

So, being from Canada, the closest places to be a part of an american affiliate to the PPA is about 6 hours away. So for CPP and keeping your CPP what are the recommendations for earning merits and entering the contests? Just wondering if I will have to join a group or can I just be a PPA member and enter international?
    Suzanne Bird, CPP
    Ontario CPP Liason

Photography unleashed!
    suebird@urbandogphotog.ca
    613 296 4658

Default Re: with no Affiliate--what to do?

suzanne
    are there many ppa members near you?
    wonder what it takes to start a new affilate
    joe

Suzanne,

You can always send your images to the PPA International Judging, but that does not provide any of the benefits of having a local PPA affiliate networking group. We (Professional Photographers of Louisiana) just started a new Affiliate Guild in the North Louisiana State area... yeah, that's just about as far as is latitudinally possibly away from you up there in Canada... eh... but...

PPA by-laws states that a new affiliate group must meet for 12 continuous months before being entitled to be considered for affiliate status with the ability to give PPA Merits. Just like our current State affiliate association helped to form our North LA Guild, it might help you if your new group was also supported or subsidized by another Canadian PPA affiliate. I'm not sure about the International Affiliate rules since they might vary - so you might want to contact Crystal at PPA HQ about International affiliate rules - I don't want to lead you astray... the international affiliate rules may vary...

And ... sorry about the "eh".... but since you're from Canada, I just couldn't resist !!!
    ....just remember... I just have an extremely eccentric sense of humor... !!!)

Welcome to the PPA family !!!

C ya in San Antonio !!! who knows...you just might find yourself carrying your country's flag at the convention awards banquet !!! (now that's just cool !!! )
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 12-21-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

HA! Cool, no worries about the eh! I will most likely be caught saying this many many times while at PPA convention! I have a good sense of canuck humor too, so totally love the humor...

We have an organization called the PPO here, but it has not been in the rails for a year and I am not sure what is really going on with it. It costs a ton of money to be a part of and I get WAY more with PPA at this point.

Looking forward to San Antonio!!
    cheers
    merrry christmas!!
    Suzanne Bird, CPP
    Ontario CPP Liason

Photography unleashed!
    suebird@urbandogphotog.ca
    613 296 4658