Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Physical Prints/Digital FIles

Could someone point me to where on the PPA site there is any mention at all that in 2011 for the National competition we will have the option of entering either digital files or actual physical prints ( plus a digital file for possible inclusion in the books)?

I know I have seen it but I can't find it and there seems to be confusion among people I have spoken with as to what is going to be accepted.

Thanks,

John

Default Re: Physical Prints/Digital FIles

John...I think the new rules are up on the SEPPA site for the 2011 competition which show this option. SWPPA was the first competition with the new districting and the new rules that were in place for this for both digital and print submissions.
    Joe Campanellie
    CPP, M.Photog., Cr., Fellow-ASP

www.campanellies.com

John...go to the banner of the home page for the forum...pull down competitions and then district photographic competitions. The rules for the SWPPA district appear there.
    Joe Campanellie

www.campanellies.com

Thanks Joe.

I had found that before and directed this person to it and was told they don't care about what district rules are they want to see it as national rules. Tried explaining that districts have to follow national rules because of the seals and it didn't do any good.

Was hoping to find an actual statement saying 2011 national comp will be choice of digital files or physical prints.

Its not a big deal really, I just don't want this person giving out bad info.

I assume this is one of our state members ?

Well...the districts aren't going to be any different. This has all been set up so everything will work together smoothly and no conflicts between districts and national.

Hopefully one of the affiliate judges that hang around here will see your post. Maybe they know where the PPA rules are...if they have been posted yet...kind of early.

Of course digital entries have already been accepted for some time in EI, albums and maybe commercial. Not sure about the last category.
    Joe Campanellie

www.campanellies.com

Yes it is one of our members. The thing is they are saying only digital files will be accepted and if there are other people out there like me who don't want to submit digital files for competition it may discourage them from getting anything ready.
    Last edited by John_Stein; 12-04-2010 at 03:47 AM.

John,
    This year is the first year the prints AND digital will be accepted for Photographic Open, and on that note, there is change coming on the categories, but one thing at a time ok? You can enter prints, and they can enter files. Or you can enter files and they can enter prints. Whichever way you want to do it!
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Dachowski View Post
    John,
    there is change coming on the categories, but one thing at a time ok?
    The catergories change is also in effect this year. One more thing, you can enter prints, digital files or have a mixed case of some print and some files when working toward your Master of Photography Degree. This does not mean you can mix a case of some photographic entries and some electronic imageing entries.
    Keith
    Last edited by Keith_A_Howe; 12-04-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

I think what John is trying to find is the documentation that spells this all out.

Easier and less costly to enter files but I think I'll stick with prints for now.
    Joe Campanellie

www.campanellies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Campanellie View Post
    I think what John is trying to find is the documentation that spells this all out.

Easier and less costly to enter files but I think I'll stick with prints for now.
    JOe,
    It is spelled out...in the district rules. It sound like the member doesn't like what they are hearing. Also..John, point them to the PPA website, and let them do their research on their own. You are busy enough to try to please the unpleasable!
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC