Speaking Merits...How to start - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Speaking Merits...How to start

mark,
    you sound just like my father.
    joe

No way Mark, nope, uh uh, aint happenin.....(Stan said I need a sax in my picture to use this smiley but I think he'll let me get away with it this time)
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Hey Greg! Contact Jim Stokes in Mobile and tell him I sent ya! You may be able to pick up a few cities down here on a speaking tour :-)
    CK McDaniel, Cr Photog., CPP
    Because Photographers have a BETTER IMAGE ...
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

You ROCK Cindi!!! Thank you!
    Greg Yager CPP

One more jumping in on this Greg. I am retired, not entirely by choice ... I had a stroke on May 30th. With that said - I was a pro over 40 years. I was certified in 1986 and was a proctor & then liaison for many years. I made a vow to get Craftsman in 3 years and did exactly that. I had plenty of education merits from Pa. State Assn. meetings and such. My 1st class was an early bird on MS Publisher for studios. I had a good response so, from then on I taught Photoshop around Pa. as well as New York, New Jersey, and Maryland. I also got some merits as a print judge several times for a pro sub-state sized group that did not require all judges to have more than C.P.P. I have since judged there as a Craftsman.

Thanks for the advice Craig and I'm glad to see you're up and doing better. I also work in the medical field and I know a stroke can be tough to recover from.

I'm currently working on putting together some classes in subjects I feel confident in that I can offer to local affiliates as a way to earn my speaking merits. I enjoy speaking so I'm really looking forward to it.

I would love to get into print judging but I feel I need to get a few competitions under my belt first and then take the classes on it. I entered our state fall competition and did much better than I thought I would by walking away with Best of Show and overall print case winner. I've been in business for 15 years and am playing catch up right now so I'm trying to get my Craftsman in under 2 years and going for my Master's immediately thereafter.

I look forward to seeing you come out of retirement as a mentor to the many new faces here that need the guidance of an experienced mind. Thank you for staying active in that capacity.
    Greg Yager CPP

Smile Re: Speaking Merits...How to start

Hi Greg; I still get people asking me advice on Photoshop which I welcome. This past week I helped a photographer on facebook with a problem ... I solved it and got lots of thank you's. I enjoy helping and do not charge anything. My knowledge is available to anyone who asks & that includes from my 40+ years in photography too. On competition ... I recommend a book by Patrick Rice on it.

Looking that book up now Craig. Thanks a million!
    Greg Yager CPP

If you are ever in the Savannah area, we would love to hear you!

I just ordered the book Craig!
    CK McDaniel, Cr Photog., CPP
    Because Photographers have a BETTER IMAGE ...
    www.StudioEnVogue.com