recertification question...

Default recertification question...

I'm getting ready to apply for my Craftsman degree, but I have a queston. How will turning in my service merits for attending Imaging USA affect my recertification...?

The certification website says that you earn 5 educations "units" (not merits) for attending Imaging which will cover my recertification because I go every year. BUT, if I turn in my service merits that I earned for attending Imaging, then will I lose my education units???

I really need to know before I turn in merits for the Craftsman...

Thanks!
    CK McDaniel, Cr Photog., CPP
    Because Photographers have a BETTER IMAGE ...
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

Default Re: recertification question...

Cindi, Merits and education credits are two different things. Using merits from attending IUSA for your degree DOES not effect the education credits, so you are not losing them towards recertification.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

What Keith said...and if I'm not mistaken these are two totally different programs that do not affect one another. Certification does not have anything to do with the PPA degree program.

Used to be you had to be certified in order to receive your Masters Degree but I'm pretty sure that is not a requirement any longer.
    Joe Campanellie
    CPP, M.Photog., Cr., Fellow-ASP

www.campanellies.com

Awesome! Thanks!
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

OH, I do have another question that I'm hoping you guys can help me with... I was going to get one of the remaining merits I need in a Super Monday, but it doesn't look like there will be a SM program anywhere near me! So, I may need to earn another service merit through webinars... Is there a limit to how many webinars you can do to earn service merits?

Thankfully I have more than enough speaking merits :-)
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

I don't think there's a limit, but I believe you only receive 1/2 merit for a webinar - or the webinar has to be at least 2 hours... something like that. Let me see if I can find it somewhere.

Updated: Okay, I couldn't find it definitively on PPA's website, but I looked at my merit report and as a PRESENTER, I received 1 merit for a webinar... so I assume attendees would receive less.
    Last edited by Heather_L._Smith; 09-08-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Ok... Thanks Heather! I was thinking 1/2 merit for each one, but I saw something about a limit of 3 if you pay the $149 (I think that's the amount) for one year. I didn't see a limit on them if you pay full price.
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

Be aware if you pay the $149 for the year long pass, you will not receive the webinar credits on your record until the year of the pass is over. If you need immediate merits, pay full price for the webinars.
    Christine Walsh-Newton, M. Photog., Cr., CPP
    Ohio CPP Liaison

Website Blog

Good to know! Thanks Christine!
    www.StudioEnVogue.com