New memeber and overwhelmed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New memeber and overwhelmed!

Thanks again guys!
    I'll look for the trade show plan. I have already printed out the class schedule and the vendors that are listed.

I am looking forward to meeting new people

Set a budget limit. The vendors want you to sign up and buy something right now. Don't buy anything until you've scanned competing booths first. After $XXX, stop buying things!

For food, we found it invaluable to have an ice chest in the room with enough stuff to replace dinner if necessary. Some of those late night sessions can go past when convenient food has closed.

At some point, sleep and sanity become more important than one more session.

If they give you a room next to an outdoor park with a band stage which rattles your windows on the tenth floor next to a sports stadium which runs games after ten at night, DEMAND another room on the other side of the building!
    Last edited by Brian_Dunn; 08-17-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    Brian Dunn Photographic
    http://www.BDphotographic.com

We need another roommate. Pam Check your private messages.....

I'm also a new member and a bit confused. All new members do get a free pass to the Imaging USA Convention, yes? If yes do I have to pick which classes I want to go to ( not the before convention stuff or Sepcon(??)) but for the Imaging USA classes?

Do these classes fill up on a first come first in basis?

Is a charge related for the classes?

Do they really start at 7:00AM??

Thanks

Hey Pam,

Don't let scheduling rule your time at Imaging. IMHO the best part of Imaging is meeting new friends and catching up with old friends... so some of my absolute best Imaging experiences have been a result of a missed seminar! On the other hand, I've thoroughly enjoyed the seminars as well.

I do recommend the pre-convention classes if you can make it. Above all, don't take yourself or anything else too seriously, that way you can enjoy Imaging in the moment while you're there without worrying about what you might be missing etc... (The more you worry about missing something, the more you miss. )

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Finger View Post
    I'm also a new member and a bit confused. All new members do get a free pass to the Imaging USA Convention, yes? If yes do I have to pick which classes I want to go to ( not the before convention stuff or Sepcon(??)) but for the Imaging USA classes?

Do these classes fill up on a first come first in basis?

Is a charge related for the classes?

Do they really start at 7:00AM??

Thanks
    There is not a charge for the regular convention classes. Mostly they are auditorium style so there isn't a question of filling up. But if you get there late to a popular speaker you might have to stand.
    Yes they really do start at 7:00.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Finger View Post
    I'm also a new member and a bit confused. All new members do get a free pass to the Imaging USA Convention, yes?
    I think what he's asking is does he have to pay anything to attend his first convention? I was wondering that as well.

I didn't see the offer for a years membership with the purchase of a convention buddy pass until after I joined. Either way is fine with me because my wife will be joining this week and we can go that route to get her membership.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Is it really worth the money to go?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahalbin View Post
    Is it really worth the money to go?
    Yes, even if you just go to the trade show and the print show you will come home with more new information then you can possibly implement. There are always a lot of mini program in the trade show booths by some very high powered names.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

I can't wait to be there!!