Ready to Get Certified? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Ready to Get Certified?

Rick, I couldn't agree with you more. I was highly disappointed when I received my London book in the mail. The need for quality education in all aspects of photography, including certification could be made more attainable by PPA. Myself, I have greatly enjoyed the "Online Learning" pass. If PPA offered an Online Learning program geared just for certification, I think it would be very successful. If certification material could be downloaded to an ipad, the price of the London book would more than pay for a 6 month learning pass certification. PPA does offer free legal forms and copyright stuff. However, I think PPA could follow the direction of the online Apple store and offer ibooks, DVD's, legal forms and material, signs, tie clips, ect. Remember the days of old when Peterson Photographic offered the belt buckle? I wore that for years. Today, I would wear the PPA logo on a shirt with pride. In short, with all the talent in PPA, they could do this.
    Mike Watson CR.Photo., CPP

Quote Originally Posted by MWatson View Post
    Rick, I couldn't agree with you more. I was highly disappointed when I received my London book in the mail. The need for quality education in all aspects of photography, including certification could be made more attainable by PPA. Myself, I have greatly enjoyed the "Online Learning" pass. If PPA offered an Online Learning program geared just for certification, I think it would be very successful. If certification material could be downloaded to an ipad, the price of the London book would more than pay for a 6 month learning pass certification. PPA does offer free legal forms and copyright stuff. However, I think PPA could follow the direction of the online Apple store and offer ibooks, DVD's, legal forms and material, signs, tie clips, ect. Remember the days of old when Peterson Photographic offered the belt buckle? I wore that for years. Today, I would wear the PPA logo on a shirt with pride. In short, with all the talent in PPA, they could do this.
    I'm currently working to resolve this issue Jerry.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Where's the "like" button? I'm thrilled to hear this is being addressed!

ok, I signed up, OH MY GOSH! Scared

I just declared my intentions to gain my CPP through PPA. I have many questions but won't ask them all at the same time. Do I study (yes) for the test, take the test then submit images for judging? What are the image catagories for submission?
    "If one seeks only the praises of his peers, he gains nothing". me

I purchased that book so I could study for the CPP test not an inexpensive purchase I might add. I was shocked to see that much of the content is old and outdated. So now what? Can I still use the London book and feel confident it will help me prepare for the test? How close are we to having PPA material for test prep?

Paul, you can either take the test or submit images first. Any order. I purchased the book used and that made it much more affordable. My study strategy has been to first read the chapters that I know I have the most learning to do. If something doesn't make sense, I ask a question here or I e-mail one of the very helpful more experienced people that have offered to help me. After reviewing the chapters where I knew the least (and making pertinent notes) I then went back and read the other chapters just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I just read a little bit each night for a few weeks. And now I'm just reviewing my notes until my test date. Good luck and congratulations on taking the first step!
    Amy Hall

Congrats everyone! I'm hoping to declare early next year-I'd like to finish my NYIP studies before jumping into that. But I have asked my husband for the London book for my birthday!
    I'm a little scared too, kinda like the fear one has when you are at the top of a roller coaster ride. LOL! Its been one heck of a journey so far and I'm enjoying it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pphtg123 View Post
    How close are we to having PPA material for test prep?
    Unfortunately, not close at all...
    The current "textbook" is that one by London and Upton. I'm not sure how Greg and the PPCC members are coming along with creating a better textbook, but within the circles that I am working, there isn't a whole lot of burning desire to put together a better book - but I'm still working on the project. PPA is separate from the PPCC, and it really does have to be completely separate. By the certification rules, there can be no true textbook from which the test is to be taken - but the London book has been recommended as a "good resource for information". I'm trying to get another group to put together a certification textbook, but getting the notably qualified people that I would like to have involved interested is not moving very quickly - as I've said, it'll be a long term project - so the London book is where you'll have to go for info for the time being.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 05-26-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

I guess that's what I'll do then. May as well utilize what I already have.