Ready to Get Certified? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ready to Get Certified?

Quote Originally Posted by CindyShaver View Post
    Can we take the test on the 24th if we don't take the prep class?
    Cindy, I'm sure you can, the prep class is not required to take the test. You can call PPA to double check.

Good Luck
    Roger Williams, CPP
    www.Tranquility-art.com Portrait/Wedding
    www.TAP-Online.net Sports when time allows

Does anyone know how often the certification prep class is offered? It only has the one date online (Aug. 22-24th), but I am wondering if it will be offered again in a few months.

Hey Robyn great to see you here, you will pass it I know you can!
    Lew Everling, Cr. CPP.

Christel

Quote Originally Posted by Angela_Mildon View Post
    Does anyone know how often the certification prep class is offered? It only has the one date online (Aug. 22-24th), but I am wondering if it will be offered again in a few months.
    Angela,
    The next CPP Preparation class will be held at Imaging USA in San Antonio, Texas. It's a three day pre-conference course - you can register for it (and Imaging USA too!) by going to http://imagingusa.org/registration/

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
    Christel

Angela,
    This is a late reply but I just noticed the post. There are actually several prep classes and tests offered prior to the one in San Antonio. There's one in San Francisco the end of this month. There's a thread on here about it if you want to check it out. I found a lot of them by looking at the testing dates then researching to see of a class was offered before. Turns out there are many. I'll be taking my test in Springfield, IL on Oct 24th. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Hello All

I have recently declared my candidacy for CPP.
    And I have a question about a resource book.
    Would, "Success in Print Completion" by Patrick Rice be a helpful tool.

Thank you

Joe

Everything you need to know is in the "Photography" by London, Et al. The other book might give you some further insights but I'm not sure it is worth the time or money.
    Regards,
    Howard Kier, CPP Weddings, ABI, MBA and DAD
    Magical Moments Photography

Joe - As Howard stated, the book to study is "Photography" by London, Et al. I also own the book "Success in Print Competition", which will give you some insight into competing, but the judging for certification vs. competition is different. Certification judging makes sure that you are competent in Lighting, Posing, etc. and can do it on a consistant basis for a paid clientele. Competition judging follows The 12 Elements of Competition (which you can find on PPA's website, or are in fact, in the book by Rice).

Hope that helps clear things up a little. And congratulations on declaring your candidacy! Welcome to a great group here on the forum, where you can learn lots, and meet lots of new people.

Sincerely,
    Angela Lawson CPP

P.S. Also there is another forum resource out there called Certify with Sandy that is helping people become certified. It's a great place for questions, discussion, and any other help you might need.
    Angela Lawson CPP
    Michigan CPP Liason
    AGL Photography
    Where Life + Art = Memories Forever
    http://www.aglphotography.net

Hi Howard and Angela

Thank you both for your replies. I do have a copy of "Photography". I have also found the Certify with Sandy site. Down the road I am sure I will pick up a copy of the "Success in Print Competition". So again thank you both for your incites.

Thank you
    Joe

I saw the answer to my question some time ago, but don't know where the old thread is. I tried to register with "Certify with Sandy" but was rejected. I read that it was simply a space issue/number of people?? And that there was a simple fix to this? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Also my question is: what benefits are there to joining the "Certify with Sandy" group? Thanks!!