Ready to Get Certified? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ready to Get Certified?

One major benefit to joining the Certify with Sandy group is the webinars they have available. They help you make sense out of the many subjects that are found on the test.

The number of people on the site is not an issue. She said the site will be up until 1,000 are certified. It has nothing to do with how many join. I can't remember all of the criteria but make sure you meet all of them without exception and try again. It's worth it.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Quote Originally Posted by danarm7 View Post
    I saw the answer to my question some time ago, but don't know where the old thread is. I tried to register with "Certify with Sandy" but was rejected. I read that it was simply a space issue/number of people?? And that there was a simple fix to this? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Also my question is: what benefits are there to joining the "Certify with Sandy" group? Thanks!!
    The same thing happened to me. Reply to the email that rejected you. They sent a message right back explaining that their "spam filters sometimes work a little too well" and got me in right away.

And the benefits...learning a ton. I am a pretty good on-my-own studier (for lack of a better term) but having the forum and webinars seriously is priceless.

Good luck!

I joined the certify with sandy site but never was able to post in the forum at all

Still can't almost a year later

Quote Originally Posted by dpalme View Post
    I joined the certify with sandy site but never was able to post in the forum at all

Still can't almost a year later

Have you tried contacting them since? That happened to me and I shot em an email - it was fixed asap. I find it interesting to go one there and look at the images other folks are posting and the critiques. Other than that, i havent really gotten much from it
    -Melane {There is no "I" in Melane - my dad's fault not mine}

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt

After being overwhelmed with requests for help with certification(which to me is a good thing) I have started working on a proposal to get much better training resources right here on our site. I feel it's a bit absurd that we should have to resort to an outside source for our members to receive training that will bring them up to certification standards. If I get my way we'll have state of the art image galleries in which to critique candidates submissions and a team of liaisons dedicated to keeping that task up to date. I'm also hoping to bring about tutorials that teach all aspects of lighting as well as the fundamental knowledge necessary to be a professional photographer. There's no doubt that this is needed so hopefully we'll see these changes in the very near future.
    Greg Yager CPP

Well if you can get that done Greg, more power to ya my friend. I mentioned that to the call center four or five times and so far nada.

Let me know if you need any help.

Melanie,
    Yep, I have several times. I sent a final one today.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, just disappointed is all Then again, I'm more disappointed in the state of the insurance industry right now LOL

An interesting question came up in a photography group today. Does the testing process make provisions for a candidate with a learning disability such as Dyslexia or ADD when taking the written exam?
    Thank you for any info you can provide!

I measure my success by the success of those I serve. PPA member, CPP, CPP Liaison for PA

Sue, I'm not aware of any such provisions but I'm sure a call to the PPCC would benefit a person in these circumstances. I'm not sure what solution they would come up with but I do believe they would try to accommodate the applicant to the best of their abilities within the guidelines of the certification process.
    Greg Yager CPP

Thanks Greg!

I measure my success by the success of those I serve. PPA member, CPP, CPP Liaison for PA