Ready to Get Certified? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Ready to Get Certified?

I sent an email asking what provisions are made for learning disabilities but no answer yet. I'll post the response when I receive it!

I measure my success by the success of those I serve. PPA member, CPP, CPP Liaison for PA

Susan, Really...
    most of the photographers I know are add
    maybe we should give a few extra points for photographers who are left handed!, would that make you happy Susan?
    Last edited by Joe_Galioto; 11-01-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Galioto View Post
    Susan, Really...
    most of the photographers I know are add
    maybe we should give a few extra points for photographers who are left handed!, would that make you happy Susan?
    Gotta love that Jersey humor.
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Greg
    I don't think it's funny

When I took the test in Nashville at IUSA there was a guy directly in back of me who had a bad cold and about every 20 seconds he would have to sniff real hard. The way the tables were set up he was about 3 feet from my head. I don't know if I have a touch of ADD,OCD or ASG( Attention Span of A Gerbel), but it was so bad that I just had to get out of there after the first run through of the 100 questions. I passed the test, but it was a struggle to get through it and the questions were not that difficult (Except for the mathy ones).
    Last edited by Ed_Sharp; 11-01-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Really?

Happy to be newly certified.
    Dan Ablan, CPP
    Photographer, Author, 3D Animator, Instructor
    BOOKS | TRAINING | PHOTOGRAPHY | 3D ANIMATION

Author - Photoshop CS4 Studio Techniques
    Twitter Follow

Way to go Dan!!

Make sure you take advantage of the first benefit of your new title by submitting a press release to your local paper(s).
    Greg Yager CPP

"Be prepared to lose anything you are not willing to share" - me

Awesome, Keep working on it.

I am planning to start the process myself. I wish the preperation classes were held in Houston though.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by GregYager View Post
    After being overwhelmed with requests for help with certification(which to me is a good thing) I have started working on a proposal to get much better training resources right here on our site. I feel it's a bit absurd that we should have to resort to an outside source for our members to receive training that will bring them up to certification standards. If I get my way we'll have state of the art image galleries in which to critique candidates submissions and a team of liaisons dedicated to keeping that task up to date. I'm also hoping to bring about tutorials that teach all aspects of lighting as well as the fundamental knowledge necessary to be a professional photographer. There's no doubt that this is needed so hopefully we'll see these changes in the very near future.
    That would be nice.... hope Ya all hurry, I'm almost 55 and would like to experience this before I die.....T.

While Greg is working on getting better training resources, I'm trying to get interest up in certain circles to get a better book written as a CPP educational resource - one written by industry experts in their respective fields - that London book is horrible - it contains errors, and it's just kinda "OK" for teaching the mere basics to the uninititated, but as a benchmark textbook for professional knowledge, it's sadly lacking. It's looking like it's going to probably be a long term project...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman