Details on earning degrees - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Christel

Default Re: Details on earning degrees

Rick,

We do have something to celebrate those who have achieved this amazing status: the Imaging Excellence Award and the Imaging Excellence Bar.

Imaging Excellence Award
    This award is presented to those who have achieved not only the Master of Photography degree, but have continued to excel in the International Print Competition. These individuals have placed 13 images in the renowned Loan Collection.

Imaging Excellence Bar
    This bar is presented to those who have achieved not only the Master of Photography degree and the Imaging Excellence Award, but have continued to excel in the International Print Competition. These individuals have placed an additional 13 images in the renowned Loan Collection after receiving their Imaging Excellence Award.

Dave received his Imaging Excellence Award and a few bars as well! We have several of our PPA members who now have their Imaging Excellence Awards and bars and several will be receiving them this year at the Award & Degree ceremony.

Hope that helps!

Dave was one of the first people who mentioned to me about trying for Fellowship a few years back. He does some amazing work. 47 loan prints is pretty incredible.

Until recently most of my work kind of slipped under the radar when it came to selection for loan. Probably just not enough impact. And the way I understand the process for loan selection the image really has to have that wow factor and good impact for the short amount of time the images are on the turntable.
    Joe Campanellie
    CPP, M.Photog., Cr., Fellow-ASP

www.campanellies.com

Dave is an incredble guy. We had him down here last year to judge and do an early bird safari in the French Quarter. After last year's safari, I had so many people request that we bring him back for an encore that we brought him back again this year !

I knew about the Imaging Excellence Award and the bars, but I was just wondering if they had something super special for someone who had hit the 50 LOAN mark or the 150 merit mark? I guess it's 3 Photo50 bars and 3 Imaging Excellence bars ! that's still very impressive... But I've found that once those people get to that point, it stops being about what they can get for themselves, the awards no longer matter - it becomes all about what they can give to those they are teaching... it seems like those with the most awards on their ribbons are always among those who are the most giving.
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 09-01-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Just looked up my merits and I have 5 print merits, 12 speaking merits and 42 service merits
    do I only need one more speaking merit for my craftsmen?
    as far as masters 7 more print merits ?
    I too tried to find this info on the web site and can't anywhere ??

Stephen, check this page toward the bottom, post #57.

http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/...t=20916&page=2
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Thanks Kirk
    so if I understand this correctly I can use service merits toward my Craftsmen + my speaking merits
    and not use the print merits which i would rather not so i can a some time use toward my masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Yahr View Post
    Thanks Kirk
    so if I understand this correctly I can use service merits toward my Craftsmen + my speaking merits
    and not use the print merits which i would rather not so i can a some time use toward my masters?
    Yes. Any merits you use for a particular degree "uses them up," so if you can conserve print merits, that would be the thing to do.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP