Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Rules of the Forum
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM #1
Rules of the Forum
OurPPA Forum: Because this is a community of professionals, we require that you include your first and last name in your user profile if you don't already have your full name as your username. Anonymous posts will be deleted. To edit your profile, click the User CP link at the top of the page. (http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/usercp.php)
PPA online communities, including theLoop, ourPPA LinkedIn group and ourPPA Forums, are here for PPA members and others to share ideas, thoughts, and experiences pertaining to professional photography. As the host of these communities, PPA is committed to creating a fun and beneficial experience for all. These communities do not exist to foster attacks against others or PPA. Any attacks, personal criticisms, or threats are outside of the defined purpose for PPA’s online community and will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Good contributions help the entire community by providing relevant, insightful information or asking important questions. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic of the forum or article, it may be removed.
- Make your subject line concise, accurate and specific. This makes it easier for people to respond appropriately and to search the archives by subject. Remember your readers and try to follow standard email etiquette.
- Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your community participation by only contributing content you know is accurate. Be mindful to respect the "closed" environment of PPA’s online communities and do not forward messages to non-members.
- Keep it clean, keep it friendly. Every post should make a positive contribution. The community is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated. The communities are meant to stimulate conversation and trigger the exchange of best practices not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are of course welcomed, but should always be thoughtful and respectful, rather than emotional, impulsive or anger-driven (you’d be surprised, it happens).
- Keep marketing efforts separate; minimize clutter. Respect the community's purpose by not using it as a marketing channel or submitting any content you've been paid or otherwise rewarded by a third party to write. Any marketing or sales related content will be removed immediately. Refrain from posting any sales or promotional offers, messaging, or materials for your business will be tolerated other than on (other than on the Vendor Forum on ourPPA Forums).
- Use the right channels for complaints. PPA online communities are not the appropriate platforms to resolve personal issues or start disputes against any member or organization. Posts of this nature will be removed.
- Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the community's integrity and observe the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else used with permission and properly attributed. The community should not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted material.
- Help look after your community. There is a permanent record of your posts across all online community platforms. PPA’s online platforms are here for the benefit and enjoyment of members like you. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by these guidelines or the Terms and Conditions, please report it to our Community Manager.
PPA reserves the right to take immediate action on any post that we feel violates the rules of conduct outlined above. That action includes, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, removing content and terminating accounts and/or subscriptions.
PPA reserves the right to remove any content we deem inappropriate for use in the community, and/or to revoke any member's access to the community at any time and for any reason. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action.
We may modify these guidelines or our Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the community signifies your assent to such modified terms.
If you are victim of, or witness to inappropriate content in any of the PPA online communities’ discussion threads, resource libraries, or member profiles, please notify PPA immediately by emailing our Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first violation will result in immediate and permanent suspension of all online community participation privileges, along with revoked access to any and all platforms facilitated by PPA. These platforms include theLoop, OurPPA Forums and ourPPA LinkedIn groups. You may petition the Community Manager to regain access at email@example.com.
10-04-2011, 10:49 AM #2
Marc Robins New Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Rockwall, Texas
Re: Rules of the Forum
How do you access the forums? I can't seem to get in