Add a picture and signature to your profile.

Smile Add a picture and signature to your profile.

Add a picture to your profile!

Click the User CP link at the top of the page to upload a headshot. Then from the links at the left, select edit profile picture, and edit signature.

Currently it allows a thumbnail of max 100px height and width.

For the picture to show up in your posts, you need to click the Edit Avatar link in the UserCP. Here you can upload an image of max 100px as well.

Let us all see your happy face.
    Last edited by Gregory_Aide; 08-01-2005 at 09:42 PM.
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager

Did it. It was very easy after I resized my photo.
    I did save it and after the 2nd save , it said I had an error uploading. I think that was my mistake, because when I looked up my profile, there was my photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reznicki
    Did it. It was very easy after I resized my photo.
    I did save it and after the 2nd save , it said I had an error uploading. I think that was my mistake, because when I looked up my profile, there was my photo.
    The same thing happened to me. After you upload the image, it doesn't really give you a way out. It needs like a "finished" button.
    Ron Nichols, M.Photog., Hon.M. Photog, Cr.
    PPA Past President

www.ronnichols.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Aide
    Add a picture to your profile!
    Greg
    I have been trying to add a picture. I managed to get it into my profile picture box but how do I get it to show in my posts
    Last edited by Gregory_Aide; 04-20-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    Ronnie Norton
    Norton Associates
    Dublin, Ireland
    ronnie@norton-associates.ie
    www.norton-associates.ie

5. Default avatar not in post

I am cropping my image to 100 by 100 pixels and the error message is saying it must be less than 20000 bytes. I may be wrong but isn't 9.57 k smaller that 20000 bytes??? I am so confused. It went into my profile just fine no problem. What am I doing wrong???

HELP!!! I have cropped my avatar down to1/4 inch square @ 72. It is now 18 pix square. It looks like a blurr. What went wrong?
    Sarah L. Johnston, M. Photog. Cr., CPP, F-PPANI, PPA Juror

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops,
    PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Tiefenbrunn
    I am cropping my image to 100 by 100 pixels and the error message is saying it must be less than 20000 bytes. I may be wrong but isn't 9.57 k smaller that 20000 bytes??? I am so confused. It went into my profile just fine no problem. What am I doing wrong???
    Hm, I got a similar problem.

8. Default

WOW! I figured it out. I sized my image to 1 inch by 1 inch and it worked. It also added it to all the post I already had on line as well. This was making me crazy. Now I need to find another reason to be crazy...
    Cindy Tiefenbrunn
    Cindy's Photo

The images we capture today become the windows to the past in the future.

Default Avatar upload problems

Make sure your avatar image is jpg or gif, not bmp.

if you are still having problems, let me know what browser, and operating system you are using, it may help to resolve the issue.

The 18px by 18px image might look blurry if the system is stretching it to fill the space, that is something to look into. Try uploading one that is 80 pix square and see what happens.
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager