Posting pictures... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Michelle_Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Babin
    I posted some images in the senior section.

It says to post no larger than 400 x 400. Even after doing this, and optimizing to the 48K size, it did not let me post still. I really had to work to get this.

Then they do not show in the post. You still have to click to open it.

any help on this?
    Tim,

It looks like you are doing everything correctly. Only single images show up in each post; posting more than one image will result in links to each image.

Hope this answers your questions! -MR

Thanks Michelle.

Tell me, I go in and but my longest side at 400px. Then I do a save for web with optimized for the biggest kilobyte size, but then it rejects them, Any answers to speed up the process?

Default Posting images

Hi Tim;

Keep something in mind. If an image shows as 36Kb, as saved from Photoshop, it will be too big to post. I always post images no larger than 32KB as saved from Photoshop. That way they are almost always small enough. An image 32KB will show around 40KB in the post.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Michelle_Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Babin
    Thanks Michelle.

Tell me, I go in and but my longest side at 400px. Then I do a save for web with optimized for the biggest kilobyte size, but then it rejects them, Any answers to speed up the process?
    You're very welcome, Tim!

I think that D. Craig has answered for me. I have increased the file size allowance for .gif files to 50K, so that should help. Let me know if I can be of any more help! -MR

What I did was make a new action to change the DPI to 72dpi. Then I did a fit into command to 400x400, then a save for web command with it stopping to optimize for file size. It works great.

I cannot seem to make the link in teh [IMG] [/IMG] work.

I have done this in another thread and it's blank space. when I go to edit it, I can see it as it is supposed to be with the link between the [IMG] parts but it's blank when it's posted.

any suggestions?

the blank space beween this and the last sentence was one more test....what do you see?

This is a screen shot of it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Default Posting images

To post an image, MUST you have we a web address (URL) for that image? Are there some step by step instructions of the process?
    Is it the same process whether posting in the galleries or the messages?

Thanks,

Don Nealious
    Last edited by Don_Nealious; 07-27-2008 at 03:58 AM. Reason: testing