How long did it take you to get your Master's? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: How long did it take you to get your Master's?

My goal is not so much to attain a master's degree as it is to learn.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Here are my merit prints (hover over images for title etc).
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Haag View Post
    Keith,
    I don't know if someone has already responded to this, buy my answer is a definite yes. I would love to see them.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg,
    I said earlier in this thread but you probably missed it, all my Master's prints were from film and quite a few of them were wedding albums. I don't have the prints/albums anymore so I don't have files to share. FWIW I didn't have a mentor until after I got my Master's degree.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

I was lucky...when I first started to compete I had Jeff Lubin and Ed Pierce helping me understand print competition. Just watching our state level competitions helped a lot. And then went to the people in our association that were doing well.

Along the way I met and became friends with Joyce Wilson who really inspired me and then a nature photographer who had nothing to do with PPA but who taught me so much about digital photography and digital work flow.
    Joe Campanellie
    CPP, M.Photog., Cr., Fellow-ASP

www.campanellies.com

Heck, I'm WAY behind on this thread. I did my my Craftsman in 14 months and had to wait until I was a member for 2 years until I could get my degree. I got my CPP about 4 months after joining PPA for the first time. I'll be getting my Masters at Nashville (unless I get turned down!) and it took 4 years. I'm getting my MEI in Nashville as well (same stipulation . . . council is fun like that. . . ) ad it took 3 years. I sincerely wish the M. Artist degree was still around. It'd be nice to have more mountains to climb. NOW, I want to be like Joe Campanellie. Sincerely. I didn't hear about PPA until 2005. It's really difficult to do any of this without help. It's just like succeeding in life.

I have to agree with Jeff in that it's quite difficult to have impact these days. We are a bit desensitized as an industry to a degree. Check out MEI judging some time if you would like a reality check. I am proud of meeting the requirements of that degree above most of my accomplishments. The POTY and EOTY awards keep offering something to shoot for. The goal is to never stop getting better!

I started in 99 and competed till 2001. Went on sabbatical till 2006 I think and got my Master's last year.
    john

Got my first print merit in 1991 and got my Masters in 1999. That was back in the film days and I printed all my own images and also printed for many other people who got their Masters.
    Jane Lydick Staid, M. Photog. Cr. CPP (only cuz I had to)