PPA judges

Thread: PPA judges

Hybrid View

Default PPA judges

I am a director with my state organization and we are trying to line up judges and speakers for our convention, does PPA have a list of approved judges? That would be very helpful in finding someone. Thanks, Terry

Default Re: PPA judges

Hello Terry and YES! Actually PPA has two lists which might prove helpful to you in your quest for judges.
    PPA through the Print Exhibition Committee has a download list here on ppa.com of their "Approved International Jurors" which are the only ones allowed to judge at the Regional and National/International competitions each year. That list is available here at:
    http://www.ppa.com/competitions/inte.../downloads.php
    The other list is of all those folks who have completed the judges workshop and need state level judging experience to proceed on and apply to become "Approved" .
    This list is available here at:
    http://www.ppa.com/articles/247/Jurors-in-Training.php
    I hope this is useful and remember to ask us here for any further information you need. Sam Gardner, M.Photog.Cr. CPP, Int. Juror

Terry,
    sorry to jump into the ask the experts thread, but I thought it might be helpful to you.

In N.E. There are a lot of qualified judges....
    Don Chick, Steve Bedell, Rene and Joan Genest, Lynn Damon, Gary Thibeault, Nancy Green are a few that come to mind. They are all within a couple of hour drive to your conference.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Jeff, thanks for the great suggestions! I suspect Terry will learn that there are indeed many choices within an affordable travel distance, which of course helps keep the conference budget in line. Sam Gardner M.Photog.Cr. CPP Int. Juror