Anyone heard of Help Portrait?

Default Anyone heard of Help Portrait?

I just got hit up with this and wanted to know if anyone else was involved or had heard of them.

I would love to hear experiences and thoughts on the idea.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Default Re: Anyone heard of Help Portrait?

I would think there are better ways to do this.... you might want to contact your local Salvation Army (or similar charity) if this is something you really want to do.

I do the Salvation Army Family images for their Christmas party every year..the families that are there over the holidays get an 8x10 print. I don't know why someone felt I should do this, too. Just wanted to know if it's worthwhile..could send others there.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

I went to the site and it seems like a nice idea. NO, it really isn't giving to a charity but it is about 'paying it forward'. Might be something i would be interested in participating in.

just ran across this today- think it's a great idea. Is anyone participating on Dec. 12?

http://www.help-portrait.com/
    Erin L. Clark, CPP
    E-n-E Photography

There is a huge group here doing it but I won't be involved...it's a Saturday before Christmas and as the owner of both a prolab and a studio, that's an impossible date.

Thursday evening is my Salvation Army commitment so I have decided to not be involved with the other one.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

you scared me Linda- though you were saying THIS Sat. is the Sat. before Christmas = NOT READY!! ---- I can't participate on the 12th- already booked for the day.While I like the idea- I do feel like I GIVE all the time- year round so doing it ONE day out of the year with other photographers is only nice because everyone else is doing it at the same time.
    Erin L. Clark, CPP
    E-n-E Photography

Erin, I agree. I WOULD like to be involved for selfish reasons tho...it's great publicity if the local news media catches wind of it...which they might.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com