Local Affiliates

Default Local Affiliates

Does any one here know anything about local affiliates in Missouri? It looks like there are 4 different ones that I could join, and I'm just trying to get a weigh in about them.

I e-mailed the "main guy" (not sure about titles yet) for two of them but have not gotten a response back.

Also, even if you don't know about the affiliates in MO, what would be the benefit for joining one, other than print competitions?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Default local

Try this one:
    http://www.ppozarks.net/
    Buster Evans

Greetings Kevin,

I live in southwestern NY, so I don't know much about MO. As far as the benefits of joining any affiliate goes, I say find one close to you that has monthly meetings. This is worth every penny because you get to share ideas with other photographers, learn some new things and build a priceless network of working professionals. Every time I attend our meetings, I try to take at least one thing from that speaker and apply it to my business. So my advise to you is JOIN, JOIN and JOIN because membership does have it's privileges
    Dana Nordlund, Cr. Photog., CPP
    dana nordlund photography
    www.dananordlund.com

Default I agree with Dana ...

I totally agree with Dana. I have been a member of Professional Photogs. of Pennsylvania since 1978 and get a lot out of the 10 days of programs every year.

Dana belongs to a good group ... SNAPP. I taught Photoshop there and they are a great bunch of people.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Thanks you guys, that helps a lot. I have been studying the ppa for a while and joined that and the wppi, hopeing to learn something and improve my business; guess the next step would be to join an affiliate so I can have more contact with other photographers.

thanks again,
    Kevin

"I taught Photoshop there and they are a great bunch of people.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP"

We always try to get the best presenters for our meetings Craig rocks when it comes to teaching Photoshop. He even drove about 6 or 7 hours to do it.
    Dana Nordlund, Cr. Photog., CPP
    dana nordlund photography
    www.dananordlund.com

Default Missouri Affiliates

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad that somebody sent you a link to PP of the Ozarks. I'm on the Board of Directors and I invite you to join. I'd say that the number one reason to join is EDUCATION. We have one of the friendliest associations that I've ever seen, everyone is willing to share their knowledge. We've evn got Kirk Voclaon coming in to do an all day seminar this October. We have members from Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and Oklahoma too so you'll even learn from others in different areas. Just go to http://www.ppozarks.net for more info!
    Jim Lersch
    M. Photog., Cr., API, F-PPO
    http://www.lerschphoto.com/bothcd.htm Both books on one CD!
    www.lerschphoto.com/seniorsmyway.htm Seniors Book
    www.lerschphoto.com/commercialmyway.htm Commercial Book
    jim@lerschphoto.com

Scheduled Seniors / Commercial My Way Seminars:
    PPA of Pennsylvania
    on April 3rd, 2012

Default Illinois

Jim,

Do you see Illinois ever being included?
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

I agree with the PPOK being one of the friendliest and most helpful groups around! I haven't attended many but that group really seems to work well together. Lots of comraderie, letting you know if you have a problem, there'll be plenty of people there to help you.

The price of joining a local association is really minimal for all you get if you put forth the effort to become involved and attend.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com