After the Party...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default After the Party...

Hi
    I am planning to attend Imaging USA in 2011 San Antonio.
    Its a long haul from Brisbane Australia, so I am looking to make it really worthwhile.
    I would like to spend some time taking photographs in Mexico and other places after the convention...does anyone know of or would already be planning to do the same?
    Plus would need to arrange a buddy pass etc etc.
    Happy to start planning some adventures now with interested shooters.
    love to hear from you.
    Cheers
    Will
    Will Simon Zyle CPP
    ironwill photography
    Brisbane AUSTRALIA
    'for the right image'

Default Re: After the Party...

Will it's good to hear from you again and certainly glad to hear you are planning to be here for Imaging. I haven't committed yet but I plan to be there. As far as Mexico, it could depend on where you plan on going. There is a war of sorts still raging mostly along the border areas. The drug cartel continues to murder thousands. Many kidnap foreign travelers especially Americans, hold them for ransom then in many cases, still kill them by beheading. I doubt if this is going to be any better by the time Imaging gets here. You might reconsider and choose an adventure safari somewhere in the US. Just something to think about.

There are a number of really beautiful places in the US to photograph, that might be a much better choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Lawrence View Post
    There are a number of really beautiful places in the US to photograph, that might be a much better choice.....
    Yeah, Why go to Mexico when you have New Mexico and Colorado just a little farther west - also don't forget the Arizona areas like the Arches NP and Canyonlands areas in Southern Utah - unbelevable in the snow!!!
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Much of San Antonio and the surrounding area is a lot like northern Mexico in both landscape, architecture and culture. Then you have Big Bend National Park not too far away. Let's put it this way, no, I am not interested in going into Mexico due to the extreme danger at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Jackson View Post
    Much of San Antonio and the surrounding area is a lot like northern Mexico in both landscape, architecture and culture. Then you have Big Bend National Park not too far away. Let's put it this way, no, I am not interested in going into Mexico due to the extreme danger at this time.
    PLUS... You CAN drink the water in San Antonio...

Just hope we don't get that ice storm like last time. What a mess that was...!

Never did get to see much of the city because of the weather for that last convention there. Day we arrived it was like mid 70's. Went in for dinner and the temps dropped some 30 degrees in just a few hours. Got a lot worse after that.
    Joe Campanellie
    CPP, M.Photog., Cr., Fellow-ASP

www.campanellies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Campanellie View Post
    Just hope we don't get that ice storm like last time. What a mess that was...!

Never did get to see much of the city because of the weather for that last convention there. Day we arrived it was like mid 70's. Went in for dinner and the temps dropped some 30 degrees in just a few hours. Got a lot worse after that.
    Following along on that thought... did anyone notice the theme for the upcoming San Antonio convention? It was printed on the hand-out bags - the ones with the peppers on them... The theme is "BRING THE HEAT" hmmm... coincidental? are they referring to heat as in peppers or could it be that whomever decided on the theme remembered the last San Antonio convention??? Or has someone at PPA Headquarters started reading the quatrains of Nostradamus???

I think all Imaging conventions should be held in Florida each year as long as they continue to do this in January. January is the toughest month for me to make these things. Sure wish it were summer conventions. Oh well. San Antonio is pretty small and isolated. When you venture outside the city, it's mostly dry scrub lands and farming. Not a lot of eye candy outside the city limits for a long ways. Summer there does provide for some awesome sunsets outside the city with the large thunderheads across the sky.

Smile Re: After the Party...

Hi Boys...good morning.

Thats for the heads up...sorry, pardon the pun.

I have spent some time shooting in the State's I did work in Atlanta many years ago.

I just though that Mexico would be off the beaten track and a little more interesting and the boarder was close too. I did not realise that the boarder situation is so bad. Wow!

Nice to hear from you too Ron...dont tell tell your worried about losing your head?

OK...I get the message. So its the desert regions in New Mexico and maybe Arizona??
    Cheers
    Will
    Will Simon Zyle CPP
    ironwill photography
    Brisbane AUSTRALIA
    'for the right image'