Certification Partners?
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Question Certification Partners?

This thread is to open up the possibility of starting a "study partners" group. This year I have committed to working on my certification and studying for the cert. exam, and am looking for anyone interested in becoming study partners. I am looking to set up a study guide timeline with whomever may be interested, and hoping to use the other person to quiz each other, discuss the materials, etc. Anyone else looking at the cert. exam in the future? Email me if you are interested!

Jackie

Default Terrific Idea

Hi Jackie;

I think that is a wonderful idea. I'm going to share the idea at our Pa. state convention, the end of April. I'm also going to share it with my contact at PPA. From the C.P.P. Liaison for Pennsylvania.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., PPA C.P.P. Liaison, PPA Recon, ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Talking Any takers out there?

Thanks, Craig, lets hope there are others that think so as well! I'm waiting to hear from them!

Hi Jackie,

I'm interested. Are you planning on setting it up based on the book "Photography" (Eighth Edition) by Barbara London, etc? I've actually already bought the book but have only completed Chapter 1 so far. I know this is the book PPA is recommending but don't know if there are others too.

I was going to explain that April and May will be crazy for me as I will be leaving Government employment and need to train my replacement, go through years worth of paperwork, files on the computer, etc, etc, plus work on the photography business to include completing set up of the studio, attending the Wall Portrait Conference www.wallportrait.com, etc and then I remembered you saying you had four children (and some stepchildren) and run a business so I won't try to delay because of that. Take care, Lois
    Last edited by Lois_Byrne; 03-30-2006 at 11:12 AM.

I'm wondering if you are looking for local study partners or geographically diverse study partners. As a practical matter, I wonder how being a study buddy for someone far away would work.

I have been dying to take the test and become certified for YEARS. However, I have been unable to find anything to study besides reading the recommended book, which I've already worked from when I was taking courses in college (long time ago).

I find it a huge problem that there is no "course of study" for this test. If there was one I'd follow it and take the test right away.

I'd love to become your study buddy if we can do it long distance. I'm in South Florida.

Debra

Default Course of Study

For a course of study, start with the sample questions located on the ppa site and the areas identified by the test specification guide. Zero in on the subjects of those questions and make sure you understand the principles surrounding them. You have to understand the principles by which the answers are determined, not just the correct answers to specific questions.

The guides are dependable in telling you the areas. "Understand the Principle" is the key, not knowing a particular brand of application or equipment.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

I just went onto the PPA website. They recommend the book "Photography" but I also found another listing of books they recommend for certification and they say "The following textbooks are provided to help you prepare for the Certified Professional Photography examination. The list is not all inclusive nor should it be considered as the only sources that should be reviewed..."

http://certifiedphotographer.com/fil...eadingList.pdf

You would think they could give a complete listing so people would know exactly what to study.

Jackie, how did envision this study group working? I see no real problem with the distance - I have one price long distance.
    Take care, Lois
    Last edited by Lois_Byrne; 03-30-2006 at 05:31 PM.

Count me in on anything that will help me study for the exam. I have the 7th edition of Photography.

Deb

Default Time Frame

Lois and Deb,

Thanks so much for your interest in being part of a study group. What I am hoping to achieve is a timeline of approximately 4 months, and would be open to the possibility of 6 if necessary, to finish the book, broken down into time frames for specific chapters/sections/etc. The individual would read their section, and after each section we would then discuss what information was given, quiz each other on aspects of that sections, possibly chat online the important aspects, bounce ideas, etc. Do tell if you have ideas also. Let me know what you think, and I can work on a timeline this weekend.

Jackie