Becoming Certified

Default Becoming Certified

I really would like to get certified by next year (2010). Is there any books, reading materials, websites, anything that helps study for the certification? I'm not sure where I should start. I would also like a critique on my website/photos and thoughts from anyone if they think I may be ready to take the exam? I would appreciate the help. Thank you

www.freelandphotos.com

Carrie Freeland

The official website for certification information is at: http://www.certifiedphotographer.com

The best book to study is "Photography" by London & Upton. It is currently in the 9th Edition and is a bit pricey. A used 8th edition will serve just as nicely.

Don Blair's "Body Parts" was also a good reference.

Carrie,

when I was studying to become certified I compiled some of the info as I found it. If you visit the link below, it has links to the text as well as some reviews. Also, you'll be able to find the online "study guide" links for London's Photography.

http://learnwithbetsy.com/certification

Best of luck!
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Default Also ...

Hi Carrie;

You can also go back into the archives, here, in the certification threads. Mark Levesque posted a lot of questions and then the next time the answers.

Several times people on here going for certification studied together via a hook up on the net.

Try to find others near you also looking to get certified. Set up one day a week to meet and study together.

Thank you everyone for your input, I am really looking forward to doing this. ALSO I am looknig forward to sign up to go to my first Imaging USA for 2010 in Nashville!! YAY