Same subject in EI and Open

Default Same subject in EI and Open

Both the EI and Open Competition Rules state that no two entries shall be of the same subject. My question is can the same subject appear in both an EI and N Open case one time each?

hi Paula,
    Nice to see you here. I am not an authority on this, but I would encourage you to seperate them by a year. This would remove any issue.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Default Just in case you don't know ...

Hi Paula;

Just in case you don't know, you can't mix the two in the same case. If you wanted to enter both you would need to enter two cases and pay two fees.

Paula,

My understanding is you can use the same subject in both cases. They are totally seperate entries. What you cannot do is enter the same exact image, once in EI and once in open. I would suggest that you make sure the two prints are not even similar. Why give them any reason to question it? I am not positive that I am giving you the correct info here and I don't want to bother Helen on Easter and I will be out of town all day Monday so it will be Tuesday before I can get you a definitive answer.

Along the same lines, I know for sure if you enter a print in open and it merits, you cannot then enter it the next year in EI. If it does not merit the first year you can re-enter it the next year in either open or EI. But once an image has merited it cannot be re-entered in any catergory. I know you are not asking this but maybe someone else will find this helpful, if you enter an album and it merits, then you cannot enter any individual images from that album in the future.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Thank you so much to everyone for your clarifications and advice.