Shipping Prints to the Competition

Default Shipping Prints to the Competition

I understand that I have to have a shipping case as listed in the rules (or somewhere around there), but what about inside the shipping case? How do you package your prints inside the case? My case is a little bit bigger than I need, and I don't want my prints to 'slosh' around, so I am thinking of putting some cardboard or something around the prints to keep them from moving. Is it okay if we put the prints in a box that goes inside the case? I don't want to get disqualified for making it difficult for the print handlers.

Amy, don't put them in a box inside the case - the print handlers will curse you! When I pack my case I put a layer of that foam sheet stuff, a layer of black felt, a print face down so the surface is against the felt and then repeat. If the case is too deep I just add a layer or two of cardboard till I have it pretty full. I've never had a problem with the print damage from sliding from side to side. You do know that you are not required to ship in a print case? You can ship them in a cardboard box but the you will not get the prints back. If you want them returned you have to use a case. I just reverified this with Jim Dingwell so i know this info is correct.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Default Thanks!

Keith:

Thanks for the advice. I will do as you have done -- that sounds pretty safe. Yes, I understand I can just ship in a box but I would like to get the prints back.