Gator Foam or Sintra

Default Gator Foam or Sintra

Hi Group;

I usually have my competition images mounted on Black-Core Gator Foam. A friend told me he never uses anything but Sintra for his print mountings. I'm curious what all of you have experienced with Sintra. Since my prints are being done as I write this, I'm looking at next year's competitions and wanted to get some thoughts. I'll hope to get some opinions.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Default well...

Craig-
    I really like the gator foam...although I really enjoyed the work Sinatra did with Count Basie.....

Default Basie ... *S*

Hi Stan;

After a long day, a joke like that was fun to read ! *S* I never saw Frank live but did catch a concert with Count Basie, in the late 60's, when I was in the Air Force.

Craig

Hi,
    I have found that the cintra brand, which is also known as stryene tends to start to bow after some time. In our studio we usually mount all 11x14's or larger with cintra so they will not buckle when framed. However if left unframed, they will bow a lot more than gator foam. I guess also it could depend on the thickness of cintra. Maybe it is offered in 1/4 thickness? That might affect it's rigidity. Good luck.
    Jeff