Needing a mentor...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Needing a mentor...

I'm finally organized enough and ready to pursue my Masters. Is there anyone out there available to help assist me through this?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!
    Jill Hager
    Certified Professional Photographer

Photography by Jill
    jill@photojill.com
    http://www.photojill.com
    (925)324-2972

For all the beautiful stages of life!

Default Suggestion ...

Hi Jill;

I have a suggestion for you. I have a friend who got his Masters, in 5 years, due to hooking up with a Master for guidance. He was about 1½ hours away so the photographer could go to him if need be. Otherwise, he would send originals in the mail for review. (prior to e-mail)

So, I suggest finding someone in California. In the case of my friend, both were in Pa. and members of the PPAofPa. I hope you are a member of the California affiliate or one of the smaller groups. That way, besides using e-mail and visiting you can also hook up at a meeting.

Good Luck

Even though I am pretty sure you don't mean it that way, Craig, reading your response with the colloquialisms intact is making me smile broadly.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

since were looking for a master mentor to hook up with, how about making sure to look for someone who is hanged well in recent print comps.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Benjamin View Post
    since were looking for a master mentor to hook up with, how about making sure to look for someone who is hanged well in recent print comps.
    ...and Levesque is probably rolling on the floor with that one!
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Anyway, getting back on topic. Jill, you do know that NCPP has got a Masters study group, don't you?

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber

Default Masters Study Group

Yes, but I'm currently not a member. Sound familiar?
    Jill Hager
    Certified Professional Photographer

Photography by Jill
    jill@photojill.com
    http://www.photojill.com
    (925)324-2972

For all the beautiful stages of life!

Quote Originally Posted by JillHager View Post
    As Emily Latella used to say, "Ah, well, that's different. Nevermind".

—Michael Gerber

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Gan View Post
    Anyway, getting back on topic. Jill, you do know that NCPP has got a Masters study group, don't you?
    Maybe now is time to join. Besides the study group, Being a member of your associations has many other benifits. Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Gan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_A_Howe View Post
    Maybe now is time to join. Besides the study group, Being a member of your associations has many other benifits. Keith
    If you guys come back home to PPABA (San Fran), we've got warm meatballs and stuff waiting for ya.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com