February Image Submission Judging

Post February Image Submission Judging

The February image submission judging scheduled to take place today has been rescheduled for March 6th. You will be notified by email of the results within 1 week after that date (February 6th was actually the deadline date).

Thanks everyone. I know you're all anxious. Marisa

So the posted judging date of 2/9 didn't happen? Has anything been judged or was it all postponed due to WPPI? Personally, I would say I have been anxious and frustrated a little at this delay. We all worked hard to meet the deadline. It might have made more sense to publicize the delay and change the deadline than to do it after the fact and keep everyone wondering what's going on for weeks when we assume our images were judged the week of 2/9. It also gives us less time, if we don't pass, to prepare for the next judging, if we decide to go through it again.

Thanks for the info though. At least we'll all quit wondering.

It was sort of a "perfect storm", the combination of WPPI, a new format for the judges to make the evaluation, and trying to re-coordinate all the judges for a conference call date that would work for everyone (for some reason, the judges have busy schedules with their business' )
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Can we update the gallery with new images? OR do we have to go with the ones submitted?

At least we can stop checking . . . .
    Rose Mary Cheek, Cr. Photog., CPP, North Carolina CPP Liaison, F Ph.
    Available for speaking: Basic Photoshop, Photoshop Tips & Tricks, Album Design with Photoshop (1 day classes) or 2-4 day Basic Photoshop Classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenzuela View Post
    Can we update the gallery with new images? OR do we have to go with the ones submitted?
    Wait til you hear the results of this judging, if you've already submitted them. We have plenty of time before the next judging.

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber

Well I have better images that I would like to include since Feb 6th... and take my weaker images out. Since there is a delay in judging can we update the submission? I really just want to get it done with and I don't want to prolong this process to another judging date.

Oh, that. No. Once it's in you're committed Just hang in.

—Michael Gerber

Thanks Michael...