Membership and Convention Fees
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Membership and Convention Fees

I know there are affiliates that include convention fees with membership fees. I would appreciate hearing from those affiliates. Is it successful? Has it increased convention attendance? How has it affected membership?

Default We have always ...

Hi Judith;

I have been a member of PPAofPa for 31 years. The dues have always included the two day meetings (February, June, and October) as well as the 3 day convention. Dues for all 9 days are $210.00 a year for a firm member studio. That includes the spouse. If the studio wants employees to be able to attend the programs it is an extra $30.00 a year for each employee.

NHPPA charges $120/year for membership. Another member from the same studio is $75 per year.

Membership includes; 9 monthly meetings, 2 full day seminars (winter & summer), 4 days of Conference, print case fee and access to our extensive library. We have a couple of other educational opportunities but they are extra.

Because of the great value of membership, we get folks from around New England joining too.
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

VPPA is $220/year. Includes 3 2-day (or 3-day?) seminars, 6-day convention, and monthly meetings. Also includes SEPPA membership. Case fee is $75 (or $60 if you pay online).

I'm a little peeved that we keep getting the same speakers over and over, and lately they just get speakers from within the association. BUT ... that changes in SPRING! (guess who's coming to VA!)

If anyone wants to come to the Spring Seminar, it's an all OurPPA lineup. Contact Valerie Harte for info. I'll let her post the speakers and info since it's her gig.

It's nice that we don't have to pay extra for the conventions, but I haven't been a member long enough to say how that affects membership.
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

In Mass., the $185 dues cover 4 full-day seminars a year, plus the 4-day convention (which also includes a banquet on Sunday night). Our convention also has a 'free day' on the first day of the convention where anyone can come hear the speakers.
    Cassandra Sullivan, CPP
    Massachusetts CPP Liason

Cassandra's Photography
    Here & There - The Blog
    "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

GA is $195/yr and includes our conventions/seminars. Seems to work well

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Chick View Post
    NHPPA charges $120/year for membership. Another member from the same studio is $75 per year.

Membership includes; 9 monthly meetings, 2 full day seminars (winter & summer), 4 days of Conference, print case fee and access to our extensive library. We have a couple of other educational opportunities but they are extra.

Because of the great value of membership, we get folks from around New England joining too.
    Well stated Don....
    I was on the board, and brought it up for discussion over 20 years ago. They were nickel & diming for all the little charges separately.
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

California is testing out the Convention fees included with membership. The members have been paying about $125 a year with only a magazine as its visible benefit. The convention was going for an additional $95. We're looking to see if including the convention, as well as a Northern California one in August will make a difference in the attendence and the membership numbers. California is sitting at about 550 members and we're trying to get it up to at least 800.

The problem for California is that it has about 18-20 affiliates where members can go on a monthly basis. Most opt to join the affiliates and PPA which leaves PPC the odd-man-out. PPC is trying to change all of that, especially with some of the affiliates hurting for membership.
    Last edited by Michael_Gan; 03-06-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Judy, if Wisconsin can afford to do that, I think it is worth considering.
    Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.-Charlie Chaplin

CPF-Certified Picture Framer

http://www.leboutonphotography.com
    http://www.facebook.com/LeBoutonPhotography

Triangle Photographers Association Pittsburgh, Pa. Annual dues of $175.00 per Year.
    Triangle offers A two day winter meeting and three day Fall Convention.

You also receive discount on Triangle Institute. (week long school)
    Triangle is made up of Photographers from Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virgina.