Imaging USA Merits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imaging USA Merits

Do you get a merit for attending Imaging USA? I received mine for the pre-conference and NILMDTS, but not for the conference. Didn't know if I should have one for that also. If I should have - who do I contact?

The attendance merits have probably not yet been posted.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

I noticed that same thing this afternoon. Hopefully they will go up soon :-)
    CK McDaniel, Cr Photog., CPP
    Because Photographers have a BETTER IMAGE ...
    www.StudioEnVogue.com

With over 7000 members attending the convention, it'll probably take Marissa quite a while to get all of the merit records updated. You can't use them to apply for a degree until close to the end of the year anyway, so it really doesn't matter how soon she gets them posted as long as they all get on the record before the 2010 degree submission deadline (which is sometime in November).
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Here is a question while we are on the subject of merits which I am completely lost on!

Both Cody and I of TriCoast spoke at both Imaging and EPIC this year at their conventions which ran at the same time out in AZ.

We both signed a contract saying we would receive 5 merits for our speaking engagement being that it is national event.

So does that mean we would EACH get 10 merits (5 for Imaging and 5 for EPIC) or is there a limit of me only being able to receive 5 merit limit, even though the contract says I would receive 5 from each?
    Mike Fulton, Putting this after his name to make people happy
    Weddings {} Blog {} Wireless Flash Workshops/Products {} Seniors

<Rummaging through the bylaws...>

Ah, here it is.

" PPA Association Merit Chart"

A. Annual Convention Speaker 5*

* Maximum five merits per person, per annual convention per year.

PPA and Epic are essentially two different organization bodies, so their contracts are completely separate, thus they don't know what the other association has agreed with their speakers.

I know that PPA has set these rules so that a member can't get their craftsman degrees all in one shot (let say you spoke at SEP as well, that would be 15 merits for 3 programs which would take care of all your core requirements for your degree. So, I can see why this rule is in place.

(putting on my director-elect hat on)
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Gan View Post
    <Rummaging through the bylaws...>

Ah, here it is.

" PPA Association Merit Chart"

A. Annual Convention Speaker 5*

* Maximum five merits per person, per annual convention per year.

PPA and Epic are essentially two different organization bodies, so their contracts are completely separate, thus they don't know what the other association has agreed with their speakers.

I know that PPA has set these rules so that a member can't get their craftsman degrees all in one shot (let say you spoke at SEP as well, that would be 15 merits for 3 programs which would take care of all your core requirements for your degree. So, I can see why this rule is in place.

(putting on my director-elect hat on)
    I thought you could only get 5 per convention but again I was not sure since the contract states I get 5 per each speaking engagement. So your saying the PPA rules overrules the legal contract?

Again I am not mad eitherway I have my Craftsman and honestly a few little dingle dongles to go with it if I turned in my merits, which I might do one day, I am just trying to understand this rule since the is clearly a different in the legal contract and the PPA rules. Cody is also in the same boat so I am trying to understand where he stands on his merit number.

Thank you for trying to help me clear up my stupid little brain Michael, either way I am fine just trying to understand. I understand the rules of the PPA but it also does not seem fair if someone puts in the time they should get the credit. (at least in my mind)
    Mike Fulton, Putting this after his name to make people happy
    Weddings {} Blog {} Wireless Flash Workshops/Products {} Seniors

You can write to Marisa for further clarification at mpitts@ppa.com. As far as know, it seems like EPIC and PPA should be treated as two different conventions. Guess I better find out
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default Points Posted

I just checked and my convention points have been posted.

Jim

My convention points are posted but my NILMDTS have not