Winona School

Thread: Winona School

Thumbs up Winona School

For those who want a learning experience in a quiet setting, the Winona school will have classes this summer
    More information at www.winonaschool.org

Default Should never have been moved ...

It should never have been moved by PPA. And, then it eventually was closed. I am happy to see it starting up again.

I attended it when it was at Winona back in 1973 or 74, hard to remember the exact year right now.

It was my first experience in a ultra humid climate, it felt like someone covered me with a wet blanket every time I walked out of a building.

It however was a great learning experience that advanced my journey as a photographer.
    Craig Willes

Craig, I had the same experience in about 1976. Bugs all over the car, windows fogged. Nightly trip to the Holiday Inn Lounge to BS and interact with all the faculty and students.

I went back about 6 times. Teachers were:

Frank Cricchio
    Don Blair
    Tom McDonald
    Leon Kennemar (sp?)
    Dean Collins
    Joyce Wilson
    Monte Zucker
    and lots of others

What an incredible learning experience and we learned perhaps as much during the nightly sessions at the Holiday Inn.

Winona Indiana ---The home of Billy Sunday.

Just curious, what's PPA's involved with the new Winona?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Benjamin View Post
    Just curious, what's PPA's involved with the new Winona?
    Marc,

PPA's involvement is just to license the name to the Indiana group this year, since Winona started in Indiana.

Shouldn't they have affiliate school status as well?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

It's part of History. This new one seems to be something the Professional Photographers of Indiana have put together on their own. It's in Southern Indiana now instead of up north on Winona lake. Jack was the last trustee of the old Winona School. Janell Spencer seems to be the contact for this new one. She's a terrific lady Marc. You should talk to her about being an instructor and then come visit me for some yuks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Benjamin View Post
    Shouldn't they have affiliate school status as well?
    Marc,

It's a re-naming of an existing affiliate.
    We are licensing it only for this year to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_McBlane View Post
    Craig, I had the same experience in about 1976. Bugs all over the car, windows fogged. Nightly trip to the Holiday Inn Lounge to BS and interact with all the faculty and students.

I went back about 6 times. Teachers were:

Frank Cricchio
    Don Blair
    Tom McDonald
    Leon Kennemar (sp?)
    Dean Collins
    Joyce Wilson
    Monte Zucker
    and lots of others

What an incredible learning experience and we learned perhaps as much during the nightly sessions at the Holiday Inn.

Winona Indiana ---The home of Billy Sunday.
    Frank Caricchio, Leon and several others taught the week I attended.

I got to work directly with Don Blair in his studio for a number of occasions during the first 10 years I was a photographer because I lived in Utah and was a member of the IPPA.

I flew into Ft. Wayne and then got a ride into Winona so I didn't have a car to use while there, but I remember having been kept so busy that Sunday the day we arrived was about the only real social time that we found.

I stayed right on campus during the week.
    Craig Willes