Webinars?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webinars?

Default Webinars?

Can't really tell--do any of the webinars count towards merits? They are often logistically easier for me.
    Jennifer Feeney
    JENNIFER A. FEENEY photography
    feeneyja@sbcglobal.net
    www.JenniferFeeney.com

If I'm correct...I believe the longer webinars (2 hours or more) are merit courses. I'll look it up.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this, too. I've never attended a webinar, so I don't really know how it works. I have seen some, though, that I am interested in, and an extra merit would be great!
    "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies..."

I also would be interested in knowing about this. As Jenifer said, logistically much easier for me to attend most of the time.

OK, had time to look at the notes. Passed by council at IUSA:

Webinars of less than three hours, attendees receive 1/2 credit.

Webinars of 3 hours or more, receive 1 credit.

1 credit = 1 merit!

So if you attent 2 webinars of shorter than 3 hours, you get a merit.

Webinar teachers get 1 merit for 3 hours or less and 2 merits for a 3 hour webinar.

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber

Thanks Michael - is that effective immediately? Is it retroactive? Do attendees only get the credit for listening to the webinar live? How about for purchasing archived webinars? Probably not retroactive to old webinars, right?

- trr
    Last edited by Todd_Reichman; 02-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    REICHMAN
    www.reichmanphotography.com

www.amantofish.com
    - Meaning, purpose and profit for photographers -

SEXY BUSINESS WORKSHOP
    Three days to a rock-solid business plan, an effective and profitable pricing structure and a mouth-wateringly compelling brand

How long have you had these schizophrenic episodes?

As far as I know, it is not retroactive. Also, it is not specified for the archives because there is no live student participation in the those.

...I think I got all of that

—Michael Gerber

Ok, Todd, so tell me, how long is your upcoming webinar going to be? (Or how long can you drag it out?)
    "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies..."

TODD,
    I had been told that webinar presenters would be given merits for webinars that were given in 2008. I am not sure they took on the vote with attendees though.

ALso it is important to note that it is only PPA webinars you get credit for. If you attned a webinar by marathon, it does not count towards merits.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_Short View Post
    Ok, Todd, so tell me, how long is your upcoming webinar going to be? (Or how long can you drag it out?)
    My understanding is that we're supposed to prep 45 minutes so that within the scheduled hour there is some time for intros and Q&A. We'll go as long as they'll let us truthfully.

- trr
    REICHMAN
    www.reichmanphotography.com

www.amantofish.com
    - Meaning, purpose and profit for photographers -

SEXY BUSINESS WORKSHOP
    Three days to a rock-solid business plan, an effective and profitable pricing structure and a mouth-wateringly compelling brand