family and children photog of america?

Question family and children photog of america?

I wasn't sure where to ask this question: a photog in our area sent out a press release about all her awards from the family and children photographers of america or children may come first there- not sure. Does anyone know about this organization? Is anyone a member? What's the level of achievement there compared to PPA? I've never heard of it. Sorry for butting in here. By the way- congrats to all the new CPPs!

Kesha Norman
    Beaumont, Texas

It's CFPA not CPP. So I'm going to move this thread to a more appropriate area. I have no idea who they are but by the looks of the speakers it may be a group to keep an eye on. I would be curious to hear a testimony from one of their members about why they thought their needs weren't being met by PPA and why they didn't start this group as an affiliate. I'm sure they don't have an indemnity trust.

Default thanks for moving-

I wasn't sure where to put it- it makes sense now. Thanks. Maybe someone can tell me how a CFPA merit adds up against a PPA merit- not to sound snotty- just curious.

Kesha Norman
    Beaumont, Texas

I've never heard of this group before reading your post on the subject...
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

I am a member. I love the forum. Oftentimes they post marketing campaigns, etc. As a member you are also entitled to free forms, etc. I have never been to their convention, though I woul love to go someday. They seem to be on top of the children's photography in regards to techniques, styles, customer policies, etc. I recommend the organization.