Critique Please

Thread: Critique Please

Default Critique Please

Ok I have be moved to action by Keith's thread "Why you do or don't compete". So one of my 2009 goals is to submit 2 images in print competition. So I think my first step is to start with a basic image and get some understanding of where to go from there. So here goes!
    Thanks in advance,
    Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg Haag, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Haag View Post
    ... So one of my 2009 goals is to submit 2 images in print competition...
    Don't stop at two !!! - that's only half a case. At Affiliated Regionals and at the International Judging you can send in four prints in a case - why send in 2 when you can send in 4 for the same price????

Nice image - I can't get it to open up in large size - all I get is a list of lettering - but from the small thumbnail, I would say that it needs to be cropped in a good bit to reduce that little light areas in front of her face. The highlights on her face need to be taken down a bit to keep them from blowing out. It may look much better at full size so my comments may be off a bit. I'll look back again tomorrow - maybe I can get a bigger image to come up next time...

Just Do It !!! - Pick out your best 4 and send them to the International Judging - and request a critique !!!
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Rick,
    Thanks for the feedback. If you are unable to view a larger image let me know if there is a different way I should upload images so that you get a larger image. Rick, when is the international judging? I am going to dig into the ppa website today and try to get a better feel about when to send images in and how the point system works (i.e. state, national).
    Thanks again,
    Greg
    Greg Haag, CPP