which classes to choose?

Default which classes to choose?

Hi there. My girlfriend and I are going to our first ImagingUSA. We are pouring through the schedule and deciding which classes to take. It's tough!

We are starting a studio together (we have years of professional videography experience but are new to photography.)

What are your recommendations?

(it seems to get especially hard to choose toward the end of the conference... for example "mind bending photoshop tricks" vs. "how to photograph everyone" vs. "artistic elements of portraiture")

We can also split up and take good notes.

But i figured since you all have a better idea who the teachers are, and if similar classes were taught in years past, what are the can't-miss classes?

Thank YOU!

new to photograhy = basic posing and lighting classes. All the PS razzle dazzle in the world won't help you if you can't create a good photograph to start. Videography is related to photography in the same way that pro basketball is related to pro football. Your years of videography will give you a start but you still need to learn the basics.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

ragu,
    when my wife and i attend conventions, since there are so many choices, we usually split up, take notes and then discuss what we learned latter that evening or when we return. do you each have different responsiblities in the business, probally a good idea. choose classes that interest you. as a start up business you should probally seek out as many business & marketing programs that you could fit in.
    joe

Joe is right, business and marketing are the most important. I didn't even think about that as I was typing my post cause I was just considering the three classes you listed.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Thanks for your help guys. Have any of you taken a look at the schedule and seen specific classes you would consider a must attend?