What to bring?

Thread: What to bring?

Default What to bring?

This is my first time going to Imaging USA. Any suggestions on what to bring?

Any reason to bring camera gear? I'm not thinking so because I don't plan on "site seeing" while in town.

Thanks

I'd bring a notebook, and very comfortable shoes. Some folks like a camera but I don't personally take one. Definitely bring a bag with a little extra room for all the swag you'll pick up.

- trr
    Last edited by Todd_Reichman; 01-05-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Reichman View Post
    Definetly bring a bag with a little extra room for all the swag you'll pick up.

- trr
    Good call. Didn't think about that!

I'd still bring a small "point and hope" camera for snapshots. You never know what might present itself. A little 5 mp file is better than no file at all..
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

I have my good ol G9 that I now take with me for any trips. Sure beats lugging around all that camera gear. My laptop because I have a lot of PPA and tradeshow stuff to deal with. And, my dingle danglies and my tux.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I'm bringing a small notebook and stapler so that I can staple in biz cards for vendors I like and take notes of the products that impressed me. That way it will be easier to keep track of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Massarini View Post
    I'd still bring a small "point and hope" camera for snapshots. You never know what might present itself. A little 5 mp file is better than no file at all..
    For sure! You might want to snap images of the print displays - not one image, but several together.

Or displays of a speaker's work. Sort of a good "notebook".
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

A Point and Hope and a notebook were two things I planned on taking.

A backpack for swag was something that never crossed my mind though. As I'm packing I have to make sure I leave room for all the goodies/junk.