popup boxes opens slowly

Hybrid View

Question popup boxes opens slowly

Hello,

It seems lately the popup boxes, like when you click on Search, opens very slowly. Also when clicking on an attachment the picture opens very slowly.

Is there a setting I'm missing on this site?

I'm using FireFox3 and have allowed popups for this site.

Thanks,
    John
    John Steele

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.
    --Saint Thomas Aquinas

These boxes are "drawn" onto the page rather than being a true pop-up window. You normally see the box expand, so that might be why it seems slow to you.

I have not experienced that myself. It could be a slow connection. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem using Firefox 3?
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager

Thanks Gregory for the reply.

On a different compture with the latest version of IE the boxes draw quickly. Most likely something in FF3 I'll have to troubleshoot. At least it's not a forum problem.

Thanks again,
    John
    John Steele

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.
    --Saint Thomas Aquinas

These boxes are "drawn" onto the page rather than being a true pop-up window. You normally see the box expand, so that might be why it seems slow to you.

I have not experienced that myself. It could be a slow connection. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem using Firefox 3?
    Yes, I have it drawing slowly in my browser, but I have the latest version of Firefox using Windows XP. It's quite irritating and I'd prefer a real pop-up instead of a drawn script box.
    -BeN LeAvItT
    Photographer/Photoshop Fanatic
    www.leavittphoto.com
    Leavitt Photo Blog