Closing night party on Tuesday - worth staying over for?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Closing night party on Tuesday - worth staying over for?

My wife and I were planning on leaving Tuesday afternoon, but now see there's a closing party Tuesday night. This will be our first Imaging USA convention so we have no frame of reference. Is it worth staying over another night to catch this last event?

We've always come in the day before and left the day after. Sunday through Tuesday are jam-packed days, and it's worth every minute. The parties are a good way to meet people, but of course you have to be willing to get out there. There's usually dancing, food/drinks, and give aways. The last night is a celebration for a lot of ppl who get awards, and many tend to get crazy since it's their last night there.

hope this helps. maybe we'll see you there!

ashley
    "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies..."

Quote Originally Posted by adamsdw View Post
    Is it worth staying over another night to catch this last event?
    imho YES !!!
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Hi Adam,

When you get the first opportunity, please fill in the information of your first and last name in the "userCP" (control panel) so that you fulfill your TOS agreement.

Michael as the the Moderator...

Michael as the regular human being...

Heck Yeah! Go to the closing party. That is where you get to see all the degree candidates strutting around with their new medallions, and all the people you met during the convention. Usually, the OurPPA gang try to be in close proximity to each other and they are a blast to be with.

Besides, you wouldn't want Rick to be upset at you because you didn't see him in his tux, would you?
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I've never gone to the ending party - is that tux-appropriate as well as the awards ceremony?

- trr

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Gan View Post
    Hi Adam,
    Besides, you wouldn't want Rick to be upset at you because you didn't see him in his tux, would you?
    My tux will be one from the studio that has been worn by more Seniors than I can count... I'm trying to dig up one that isn't too ratty looking...

The tux'es are pretty much for the degree candidates and the special awards recipients - everybody else just wears whatever they want - usually most people dress up a bit, but not heavily - especially those who plan to drink heavily, dance a lot, and do a lot of partying at the after ceremony party...

But the final party is always good - hey, it's gotta be, especially this year, it's Dennis' last big blast as "da Prez" before Ron takes over in March... so it's gotta be a hoot !!!
    Last edited by Rick_Massarini; 12-30-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Okay folks, you've talked us into it. We're gonna add a night and take it all in.
    Thanks for the replies.

Ok, so now we have +2 for the closing night couryard steak races.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Adam,

I take a more practical approach to the closing night party. Yes it is fun. Yes, it is a chance to say good bye to the folks you've met and network one last time. But, the cost of the extra night plus the flight/travel schedule should be taken into account. I would not schedule a flight that caused me to miss any of the seminars or tradeshow. But I might be tempted to leave Tuesday evening if I can find a flight that leaves late enough so that only thing I miss is the closing party.
    Regards,
    Howard Kier, CPP Weddings, ABI, MBA and DAD
    Magical Moments Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Howard_Kier View Post
    Adam,

I take a more practical approach to the closing night party. Yes it is fun. Yes, it is a chance to say good bye to the folks you've met and network one last time. But, the cost of the extra night plus the flight/travel schedule should be taken into account. I would not schedule a flight that caused me to miss any of the seminars or tradeshow. But I might be tempted to leave Tuesday evening if I can find a flight that leaves late enough so that only thing I miss is the closing party.
    And here I thought you were totally social
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com