A little disappointed with Super Monday
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A little disappointed with Super Monday

So, today is Super Monday. I signed up for a Super Monday Class which was to be held today. I signed up a month ago. It was 3 hour drive for me. So, I woke up at 4:30 AM to drive 3 hours, and found out the class was yesterday.

Now, I know some of the Super Monday Classes were really scheduled for yesterday, Sunday. But, I know this one was Monday. I even checked my receipt from PPA again... yes, it said 10/27/08. So, I went back and talked to the instructor again. He said the class was originally scheduled for today. He said that he took a teaching job at the local college, and had to change the PPA class to yesterday. PPA was suppesed to notify us. Well, they didn't. There were 5 people who showed up today. He said he was sorry, and would teach the class again, but he had to teach at the college today.

So, I did call PPA, and they will refund me my money paid for the class. But, what about my 6 hours of driving time? Or my $50 in gas? Or my missed Merrit? Or my missed work since it is the busiest time of the year?

Just a little VENT after spening 6 hours in the car for no reason.

I am sorry to hear about the confusion with your class.

Having taught Super Monday's in the past ...

I always took the contact info from PPA and touched base with everyone attending before each class. That way they had directions and any questions answered in advance. I also taught them on days other than Monday so I wanted to make sure everyone had correct info and arrived on the correct day.
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

aw man that BITES!

You should be a LOT disappointed. I would be a very difficult person to be around at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Cisco View Post
    You should be a LOT disappointed. I would be a very difficult person to be around at this time.
    I'm not too difficult.... just tired after waking up so early!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Chick View Post
    I am sorry to hear about the confusion with your class.

Having taught Super Monday's in the past ...

I always took the contact info from PPA and touched base with everyone attending before each class. That way they had directions and any questions answered in advance. I also taught them on days other than Monday so I wanted to make sure everyone had correct info and arrived on the correct day.
    To tell you the truth, I did wonder about this. I wondered why the instructor didn't contact us. Especially after we didn't show up on Sunday, and he knew that it was changed. He could have thought there might be a possibility that maybe we still thought it was today. Even if he would have called us after the class was over last night, it would have saved me 6 hours of driving today.

Kari,

I taught my first Super Monday today on painting with Photoshop. I contacted PPA and got a list of my students, emailed them with what they needed and all the particulars. My class was for 12 and I had 10. But like you I signed up a couple of years ago for a class, never received any information, place, time or what I needed to bring from the instructor. I just didn't go. My class started at 9 and the last one left at 7:30. We had a great time. I feel that it is up to the instructor to contact the students and keep them informed. I am sorry you had a bad experience. All the teachers are not that way.

Sandra

Sorry to hear of your experience, Kari. I'm sure I would have been plenty steamed had I made the trip you did. One of my students didn't make it today, which kind of bums me out.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Cool Disappointed 2 (Too)!!

Kari
    I was the other person at the studio this morning when you pulled up at 9:00 am. My wife and I had not driven as far as you, only just over an hour from St. Louis.

To say we were disappointed would be an understatement. We had both looked forward to this even for some time. We are just getting started as professional photographers and this was an ideal opportunity to meet similar minded people and learn techniques from the instructor and others. To be told at the door "I sincerely hope you are not here for Super Monday" was to say the least, quite a shock.

I am just as disappointed like yourself that there was no communication. I also called PPA and they repeatedly apologized, offering my money back. I expressed to them my concern at the time, money and mileage driving to and from and non-event. They did say they were going to look into the situation, I requested a call back with their findings.

As you stated, given that the studio owner had changed the date of the event, he had some responsibility to ensure that attendees were notified. Telling me at the door today that "he did not get paid for these events, PPA did", done nothing to alleviate my frustrations.

When I hear back from PPA I will let you know, or post their response.

I am also looking at the possibility of seeking compensation for the expenses incurred.

It was nice meeting you, if only for a brief moment.

All the best
    Keith
    Last edited by vrsphoto; 10-28-2008 at 01:19 AM.

That is aweful! I would have been a little more than just disappointed, I'll tell you that!

Don't let it discourage you for the next time...Just take a few mins. to confirm.

Not saying it is in any way your fault, just use it as a lesson.

Tiff