SPA or IUSA??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPA or IUSA??

Default SPA or IUSA??

I am planning on going to Imaging this year, but I am still considering going to SPA instead. How is anyone else deciding which one to go to? I want to go to IUSA because all my friends are going there - how mature is that?? But I would like to go to SPA because all the senior info looks really good and I would love to learn more about photographing seniors. I think SPA would end up costing a little less, depending on the room rates (sheesh! $187 to sleep in a room for a night - wow!!) so it's really a matter of which one I would learn more at, and of course, have more fun at. Any pros and cons to either of them?
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Lori_Clapp View Post
    I am planning on going to Imaging this year, but I am still considering going to SPA instead. How is anyone else deciding which one to go to? I want to go to IUSA because all my friends are going there - how mature is that?? But I would like to go to SPA because all the senior info looks really good and I would love to learn more about photographing seniors. I think SPA would end up costing a little less, depending on the room rates (sheesh! $187 to sleep in a room for a night - wow!!) so it's really a matter of which one I would learn more at, and of course, have more fun at. Any pros and cons to either of them?
    IUSA - Pros - we're all gonna be there
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Benjamin View Post
    IUSA - Pros - we're all gonna be there
    Marc - EXACTLY! I agree with you - and while that may be a lot of money to spend just for networking (since I think I would learn more at SPA), I have learned SO MUCH from the people I have met - way more than I have learned in any class I have attended. So I think networking and meeting new friends, and hanging out with old friends, is as important as what classes are offered. Maybe I am trying to justify sitting in the bar the entire time we are there!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

don't think, just do.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Default ROOM rates

I have a room a very short walk away, at under $100/night. Changeable reservation up to 48 hours.
    Amenities might be a little less, but Super 8 has clean rooms and internet as I recall. Look around of share a room, as an option.

I am not ashamed to book a lesser room than the host hotel. I booked Embassy Suites at last several conventions, very brief walks, for less than others AND breakfast to order was included!
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Can someone that has a reservation at a cheaper hotel please let me know the name of a close hotel? I would look on line but I don't know what's close to the convention center. Thanks!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

<sniff> I won't be there.

But I perked up a bit anyway until I realized you weren't talking about going to a spa.
    Liz Vance, Cr. Photog, CPP
    oh baby photography
    bellies. babies. beautiful.
    www.ohbabyphoto.com

A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there--even if you put them all end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity. - Robert Doisneau

Quote Originally Posted by Liz_Vance View Post
    <sniff> I won't be there.

But I perked up a bit anyway until I realized you weren't talking about going to a spa.
    But Liz, if you don't go, who will make sure we all have food to eat? Who will buy us cool desserts??? Why aren't you going??
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

I'll mail you some cookies at the hotel, Lori. You know the mom in me can't let you go hungry.

I'm not going because I just can't afford it this year. All my extra cash is going to the house remodel. I'll go next time. And I'm going to several of the state conventions, which will be just as fun.

-e
    Liz Vance, Cr. Photog, CPP
    oh baby photography
    bellies. babies. beautiful.
    www.ohbabyphoto.com

A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there--even if you put them all end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity. - Robert Doisneau

There are alot of Pros going to SPA, matter fact those pros are at the cutting edge of HS Senior Portraits. Really depends on what your looking for when it comes to these conventions. I attended PPA, had a great time and learn alot. This year I'm heading to WPPI as I haven't been to this one yet.

Best to ya, Ernst