CPP Pin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CPP Pin

Default CPP Pin

All, I was so proud to be certified last October, that I wore my pin - everyday!! About two months ago it fell apart!! the front (the pretty part) is LOOOOONNGG gone in someone's yard.. is there a place i can buy a replacement - and since I'm a girl - and not prone to wear a jacket with a lapel all the time, could I get a regular pin clasp on it? (i could just take it to a jeweler - who might be board certified - see the other thread...)

thanks in advance!!

You can buy replacements from PPA - just call them. FWIW to everyone else, you can also buy replacement ribbons and medallions for your degrees. I have replaced my degree ribbon because since I recieved the M. Artist degree - which is white - it's gets dirty easily. Recently I was judging at Northern light. I got up to rotate and realized all my medallions were missing from my ribbon. I found the three degree medallions but couldn't find the Imaging Excellance medallion. Luckily someone came across it later that day and returned it to me. I had each medallion engraved on the back with the date I recieved it, but after that experience I took them in and had my name also engraved on the back. Gives me a better chance at getting them returned if that ever happens again. Like I said, you can buy replacements, but it's nice to have the original ones.

Keith

Default Medallions

Hi Keith;

I never liked the chinsy loop holding my medallions. So, when I got my Craftsman Medallion I had a local jeweler replace it with a gold loop and it's on permanently now. I plan to have the loops replaced on my state service degree medallion and my state certified group award medallion some time soon.

Just a drop of krazy glue on the joints have worked well so far.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by D._Craig_Flory View Post
    I never liked the chinsy loop holding my medallions. So, when I got my Craftsman Medallion I had a local jeweler replace it with a gold loop and it's on permanently now. .
    Well, If I never planned on earning any other degrees I would certainly think about welding it like you did. But I hope to eventually earn the Master EI and I am pretty close to the Buddy Stewart award which I believe is also a medallion so until then I don't want to make it permanent.

Keith

I know some oldie Master who get's his medallions gold plated or dipped in gold. Might be cool to dip the CPP pin as well
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

A pin? I never got a pin. Do I have to buy it?
    Keely Deuschle, Cr.Photog, CPP
    Mikkean Photography & Design, Orange Park, FL
    President, Jacksonville Professional Photographers Guild

Default How to get a pin ...

Hi Keely;

Yes, it is an option. I own one of the old colorful pins as well as a black & white one. It's the same when you get a degree. I bought a Craftsman pin right away. I'm going for a Fly shot in a couple minutes. I'll look for the link for them when back.

The way you started ... I thought you were going to use a line like in the movie Blazing Saddles: "Pins, we ain't got no pins. We don't need no stinkin pins".

Quote Originally Posted by Keely_Deuschle View Post
    A pin? I never got a pin. Do I have to buy it?
    They used to send one with your certificate. Call PPA and see if they still do this.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Just another tip for the medallions in case you do loose them... Get them engraved with at least your initials and the date received. Since we usually wear these just at ppa events (state or national) the person who finds it will probably go to great lengths to find you, like making the appropriate announcements in programs and such. If they can't figure out who lost it, they can contact ppa and with the info on your medal, some detective work can be done to find you.
    Cheri MacCallum
    CPP, M. Photog., M. Artist, MEI, Cr., GFD, Ph. Artist
    Painter Portraits for Pros and Fine Art Printing Services
    http://www.artbycheri.net/proserv.html
    www.artbycherifineart.net
    http://artbycheri.typepad.com/art_by_cheri/