PP of Korea Holds Its First Affiliated Print Judging and Exhibition

Default PP of Korea Holds Its First Affiliated Print Judging and Exhibition

Professional Photographers of Korea is currently accepting prints for its second annual Regional Affiliate Print Competition. The judging will take place May 18 and 19 as part of PP of Korea’s convention, which is being held in conjunction with COEX in Seoul, Korea.

“This is an important milestone for both PPA and PP of Korea,” said Buddy Stewart, PEC Vice Chairman and coordinator of the PEC judging in Korea. “Last year the competition was open only to photographers in Korea. We received 168 entries, and 83 of those were sent on to PPA’s International Print Competition. This year photographers in all countries located on the Asian Pacific Rim can participate, so we’re looking forward to more participation. Plus, PP of Korea’s judging is currently the only one taking place outside North America.”

PPA Affiliate competitions are the basis of PPA’s Master of Photography degree. Images that achieve a score of 80 or higher in an Affiliate competition receive the PEC Seal of Approval. Those images will receive one merit if entered in the International Print Competition, and two merits if judged into PPA’s Loan Collection. Thirteen prints merits are the minimum required for the Master of Photography degree.

Seven PEC judges from Professional Photographers of America are traveling to Korea to judge the competition, including Buddy Stewart, Helen Yancy, Ralph Romaguera, Peter Dyer, Tim Walden, Audrey Wanckett and Brad Affolder. PPA’s 2006 International Print Competition will be held July 16-19 in Daytona Beach, Florida. For more information visit www.ppa.com.
    Last edited by Gregory_Aide; 03-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager

Deleted

Buddy,

Will PPA/PPO send any information about how/when/where to send prints to PPA's International Judging for those that qualified?

This is my first time at this and somehow I managed to merit a print, so I want to make sure I know what to do from here and when, etc.

Does it cost additional $$$ to enter them again at International Competition? I imagine it does, but how much, etc.

Thanks in advance for any additional info.

Deleted

Nevermind ... found the info on the PPA site ... I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack ;-P

http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=38

4. Default

Congratulations, John. Look forward to seeing your entry at International.

Default Congratulations to the Korea group

I want to add my congratulations, to the Korea group, on their 2nd print competition and 1st allowing entries from the entire Pacific region. Back in the 80's, I remember being in Philadelphia for a print competition for a group from Norway. They were great to meet and had some wonderdful images. The next year some USA Judges traveled there to judge ... and some terrific friendships started. So I hope this was the 1st of many competitions and we will see images from that in the PPA competition.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com