Loan Collection image files for the Book...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Loan Collection image files for the Book...

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding the Loan Collection images for the Book. Last year i received an e-mail asking to send the files to "Marathon Press" if one of your images was selected for the Loan Collection. But this year so far i have not received any information, so what should i do?????

Please Help, and forgive my Mexican english......

You were supposed to include a cd in the case I thought. I'm guessing if they don't have one they will be contacting you.
    Cheri MacCallum
    CPP, M. Photog., M. Artist, MEI, Cr., GFD, Ph. Artist
    Painter Portraits for Pros and Fine Art Printing Services
    http://www.artbycheri.net/proserv.html
    www.artbycherifineart.net
    http://artbycheri.typepad.com/art_by_cheri/

I've checked with Jim Dingwell (the PEC Coordinator), and he said that Marathon will be contacting the Loan and Showcase image photographers directly, as they did last year. This year, since it was new, very few participants included the CD in their print case. Next year, the CD inclusion will be a requirement.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman

Thank you Cheri and Rick for your valuable help......

Rick by the way i knew you are a new "Master Photographer" Congratulations on such tremendous achievement......

Quote Originally Posted by Alvaro Balderas View Post
    Rick by the way i knew you are a new "Master Photographer" Congratulations on such tremendous achievement......
    Rick
    I know YOU know this but for all those out there that maybe do not know I am posting this...

You can NOT advertize as a new Master of Photography anywhere until the degree is awarded to you by PPA. The reason for this is everyone that meets the requirements is listed and voted on by the PPA Council. It is not voted on to award the degree until the monday morning council meeting at Imageing USA.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

I didn't know it had to be voted on, I'm assuming it's more a formality but has anyone ever been refused?

Wreck outside my door. Second one in the 5 months I've been here, NOT a good omen other than several people must stop...and look around.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Out of curiousity - can you have an image accepted into the loan collection and not included in the book?

- trr
    REICHMAN
    www.reichmanphotography.com

www.amantofish.com
    - Meaning, purpose and profit for photographers -

SEXY BUSINESS WORKSHOP
    Three days to a rock-solid business plan, an effective and profitable pricing structure and a mouth-wateringly compelling brand

Keith,

Oppss, i did not mean to bother or get some one into troubles.....

Keith,

Oppss, i did not mean to bother or get some one into troubles.....
    No problem Alvaro, you didn't do a thing wrong. Rick cannot advertize it or use the title, but it was certainly appropiate for you to congratulate him.

Todd, If your image is accepted for loan it is included in the book. I believe you can you can choose not to be in the book. Or if you forget to send the fileto Marathon when they ask for it you would not be included. In the case of albums, usually a page spread is chosen to represent the album. It is usually the makers choice.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Thank you Cheri and Rick for your valuable help......

Thanks, Alvaro.

As Keith said, even though I've completed the requirements for the Degree, I am only a "degree candidate". I won't be a Master until they actually hang the ribbon on me and I accept the charge to degree recipients.

I am an OLD Scoutmaster, so I relate it as being similar to achieving the Eagle Scout rank. Once you've completed all the requirements, you don't become an Eagle until you hold up your right hand and make the Eagle Promise.

I hope that I meet the standards of the PPA Council and that they will all vote favorably on me to receive my Degree.
    The best way to gain for yourself is to give OF yourself.
    - - - So get out there and volunteer for something ...

Rick Massarini, M. Photog., Cr., CPP., F-PPLA
    PPLA Past President; 97th Recipient PPA Directors Award
    ASP SouthWest District Rep. & ASP Convention Booth Chairman