Look forward to new changes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Look forward to new changes

Michael,

Read with interest your announcement on the new changes coming. They sound like very good improvements and the anonymous posting will help those with cold feet like me

Darren
    Please don't take my comments to heart, I always say the wrong thing. Striving to be my best....

On behalf of the committee, thank you! We're excited to get the Liasons to be more proactive and in beter communications with each other and the fact that the judges can now help those with images without have to recuse themselves during judging. Also, we are working on clearer guidlines with the image submissions. There will actually be a change in the way you enter your images. That is, it will have something to do with demonstrating what you answered correctly on the written exam ....er, at least we hope you answered correctly
    Last edited by Michael_Gan; 06-29-2008 at 10:38 PM.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default When ....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gan View Post
    On behalf of the committee, thank you! We're excited to get the Liasons to be more proactive and in beter communications with each other and the fact that the judges can now help those with images without have to recuse themselves during judging. Also, we are working on clearer guidlines with the image submissions. There will actually be a change in the way you enter your images. That is, it will have something to do with demonstrating what you answered correctly on the written exam ....er, at least we hope you answered correctly
    Hi Michael;

When do you think we liaisons will get this information ? I've told my buddy Al DiCampli I think liaisons should all strive to give the exam multiple times a year ... since I know that some only offer it one time a year. I give it 4 times a year and would like to see that be an average.

Al is working overtime (and then some) on getting all the operations manuals for the liasons put together, bless his pea pickin' heart. I'm working on the procedures on how to put together study groups for local affiliates, and Ron Nichols and Sam Puc' are working on the image submissions standards. Marie Curtis, Ryan Brown and Eric Richards are working on getting the samples for the what is acceptable and what is not for the candidates. This committee is really hard at work right now, so if you can all bear with us, hang tight while we get all this together. We have targeted all actions to complete by mid July. With this committee, I don't doubt it.

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber

Default Al will ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gan View Post
    Al is working overtime (and then some) on getting all the operations manuals for the liasons put together, bless his pea pickin' heart. I'm working on the procedures on how to put together study groups for local affiliates, and Ron Nichols and Sam Puc' are working on the image submissions standards. Marie Curtis, Ryan Brown and Eric Richards are working on getting the samples for the what is acceptable and what is not for the candidates. This committee is really hard at work right now, so if you can all bear with us, hang tight while we get all this together. We have targeted all actions to complete by mid July. With this committee, I don't doubt it.
    Hi Michael;

If Al is ramrodding it ... should not be a problem. For those on the committee who don't know: Al was a Golden Gloves Boxer in Philly ! If someone gets out of line - look out !!!

If you want Al in a great mood, play some 50's Street Corner Harmony Doo-Wop music. (expecially groups from Philly)
    Last edited by D._Craig_Flory; 07-01-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Does this mean there might be a change to the image submissions before the next deadline in August? Am trying to get images together to send and would hate to get them ready to find out the rules or something has changed!
    Steph
    S.M Cunningham, CPP
    Ripley, NY

No, not for the August. We want all candidates to have plenty of time to understand the changes.

—Michael Gerber

Default After you posted ...

Hi Michael;

After you posted ... I got an e-mail from Marie, about the changes, and that the committee is working hard to finish it soon.

Like I said, hang tight. There's a bit of a bottle neck with the staff at PPA (not any fault of their own) with major changes with the PPA site, so they are a bit swamped. The certification committee will have everything ready to put in place once our turn comes up.

—Michael Gerber

Okay, am I blind? Where and what is this new info you guys are talking about?
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer