PPA Certification Possibilities??

Smile PPA Certification Possibilities??

OK . . . it's time to throw these out there for review by my peers.

I'm posting a link to a gallery of images which represents an accurate representation of the cross-section of my work. Because of the variety of work that I do behind the camera I've been questioning whether PPA is a good fit for me as a professional organization and it seems it is according to fellow members.

I passed the written exam in April and I'm preparing for e-submission in August.

Please be open and honest in your comments as I appreciate your input.

Keep in mind that I do Portraits, Weddings, Special Events, Sports, for both commercial and consumer clients and when I have time I'm shooting stock which covered about 25% of my income last year.

Also, perhaps note any glaring mistakes that you definitely would not submit.

Be gentle.

http://www.hutchgraphics.com/lr/PPA ... Possibilities

You can't ask for C&C and be gentle at the same time...
    Art Wright CPP, Team Recon,

AJW Photo
    Professional Digital Photography
    www.AJWPhoto.com

Great Work Jeffery
    I would think you'll do fine. Just to be sure, are all the soccer girls different? I think each submission is supposed to be from a different job. I think you've got two from the same wedding also, the bride with the red trim on her gown. If I remember right your supposed to use 20 different jobs. Nice body of work Jeffery.

Wow, that image of the seven sisters in Valley of Fire is wild, what did you do to it?

Oops!
    I just realized you have twice as many as you need....so your not repeating jobs, your just showing alternatives..........my mistake.

Default Seven Sisters

Rodney,

That shot I tweeked mostly in Lightroom but put a path on the sky in Photoshop to separate the rock formations and adjusted the sky layer to my liking and desaturated the rocks as well as adjusted them to give them an "infrared look."

I'm glad you like it!

For every image that I thought was fantastic, there was another that I saw serious issues with... You seem to have a very artistic eye and good control in natural light. But, I see some issues with your artificial lighting. You need to show good shadow detail and use more than one light when you can. I would lose the last image of the senior as the studio lighting on the smaller pic is border line split lighting....
    Last edited by Cindi_K_McDaniel; 06-22-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    CK McDaniel, Cr Photog., CPP
    Because Photographers have a BETTER IMAGE ...
    www.StudioEnVogue.com