Application is good for two years or three? Contradicting info online

Default Application is good for two years or three? Contradicting info online

On this page, http://www.certifiedphotographer.com...certified.html it says the application is good for three years. When you open the PDF http://www.certifiedphotographer.com...pplication.pdf it says the application is good for two years.

Anyone know the scoop? Two years? Three years?

Also, do you have to take the test in person? There aren't very many states offering it, if you do.

Does everybody fly in to take the test?
    Last edited by Rodney_Ninow; 06-18-2008 at 02:47 AM.

I have always heard 2 years. In any event, it really oughtn't matter. It's just not that difficult.

And most every state offers the test, although it may only be once a year. It very much depends on your state liaison.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Contact Gary Jentoft 206-362-3015. He is your CPP liason and will give you any info you need regarding taking the exam in your state.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default Two and ...

Hi Rodney;

It is two years. Mark is correct that some liaisons only offer it once a year. I give it the 1st day of each of our four state association meetings. Because I give it more often, I have photogs. come here from other states. I just gave the exam to a guy from the Dominican Republic on June 8th. On October 5th, it looks like I'll be giving it to a photographer from Italy.

And, Rodney, just to be clear, it is a two-part process. There is the written exam and the image submission. The image submission happens once a quarter and can be done online. When you fill out the application for your exam, there is a separate form for the image submission - be sure to fill both of them out and send them in. You'll be given a password and link to the submission site for your images.