Putting CPP logo on promo pieces?

Default Putting CPP logo on promo pieces?

Several times in the last two months I have been advised by, I assume, well-meaning photographers on this board, to remove my CPP logo from business cards and advertisements. This seems contradictory to everything I was told in my CPP welcome packet. So, what gives?
    Art Wright CPP, Team Recon,

AJW Photo
    Professional Digital Photography
    www.AJWPhoto.com

Let me throw in my 2 cents, Art.... I think it's important to use it, but I don't believe it should be a predominant feature on your materials. Now, this is just my opinion, but as an example, you posted a new seniors card the other day and got a lot of feedback on it. However, the 'Certified' logo was the same size as your own logo, and because of the color differences in the two, my eye actually went to the certified logo before it went to yours. Maybe that's what you want to have happen, but I'd like people to see my name first, then see that I'm certified. My certified information is pretty small on my materials, and in a number of cases I don't use the actual logo, it's just the wording under my name

Heather Smith
    Certified Professional Photographer

or some form thereof, depending on the piece. With white and red as the colors of the CPP logo, they can compete for attention, and while I want people to know that I'm certified, I want them to remember my name first. So, I don't think the feedback you're getting necessarily contradicts what we are told in the CPP packet, but the execution may be the issue.

Default On everything !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Wright View Post
    Several times in the last two months I have been advised by, I assume, well-meaning photographers on this board, to remove my CPP logo from business cards and advertisements. This seems contradictory to everything I was told in my CPP welcome packet. So, what gives?
    Hi Art;

To coin a phrase from "My Cousin Vinny" ... "They were WRONG" !!!

Put the C.P.P. Logo on everything you possibly can !!!!!!!!!