UGH! When are they being posted? - Page 44
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

The posts are getting nearly 12 hours apart now!!!
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Bauer View Post
    I figure that if I spend an entire eleven months on them, rather than the two days I had available this year, I might be able to double my exhibition merit total to, um, four.
    That's how we all feel yet when the regional come around threads of "Help me pick now" and "should I spend the money to overnight" starts to pop up. Good luck though and go 4/4 for next year!
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chick View Post
    The posts are getting nearly 12 hours apart now!!!
    Hey, Don, the results are posted -- the anticipation is over and folks are getting back to their own lives. Those that have them,of course. ;-)
    Pete

I will just point out that I started both those threads!
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Bauer View Post
    Hey, Don, the results are posted -- the anticipation is over and folks are getting back to their own lives. Those that have them,of course. ;-)
    Pete
    What do you mean .... ourppa is my LIFE!!
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Not to be the one to keep this thread alive....but had a question. Since my case, along with MANY others, will apparently stay in Nebraska or where ever until January, what do most people do for the next competition? My local one is next week, and though I could squeak by without an official case for that, the state competition is in September. Does everyone buy an extra case???

I have two cases.

I'm curious - what if we paid extra for the critique? Does that come in January with our case, or do they mail it separately?

e
    Liz Vance, Cr. Photog, CPP
    oh baby photography
    bellies. babies. beautiful.
    www.ohbabyphoto.com

A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there--even if you put them all end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity. - Robert Doisneau

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Hoyt View Post
    Not to be the one to keep this thread alive....but had a question. Since my case, along with MANY others, will apparently stay in Nebraska or where ever until January, what do most people do for the next competition? My local one is next week, and though I could squeak by without an official case for that, the state competition is in September. Does everyone buy an extra case???
    Yes. We own 6 between the two of us.

I'm curious - what if we paid extra for the critique? Does that come in January with our case, or do they mail it separately?
    The dvd should arrive to you shortly. At least within the next month or two.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

It was stated the critiques should be here in two week's time. That seems fast so I won't be upset if it takes a little longer but I think Keith said they were ready to mail out, Jim just needed time to get them to the post office.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

I'm not sure that they were "ready" to be shipped out. I assume everything was loaded and shipped back to Nebraska where Jim would have to unpack, and possibly label. After a judging, there are about a zillion things to wrap up.

I'm sure he is working on it and will have them out asap.

Thanks for understanding.

Ron
    Ron Nichols, M.Photog., Hon.M. Photog, Cr.
    PPA Past President

www.ronnichols.com