UGH! When are they being posted?
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Default UGH! When are they being posted?

OK,
    So I sent my case off like three weeks ago, and have been checking the PPA site for the results from the competition, and still nothing!!!!

The suspense is killing me!!!

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Hahahahahahaha! I get the feeling you're making fun of some of us??

Nah... that couldn't be the case. Don't worry Jeff.... you'll pass.

Jeff, I'll save you the suspense. When I talked to Jim this morning he said "hey, you know that dude Jeff Dachowrusnikovy from Vermont don't ya?" I said sure I do, why do you ask. He said " Well we had to DQ all his prints. They were so bad that we were afraid if we let the judges look at them their retinas would be permanently damaged. It was totally a safety call on our part. It's just a good thing they came in a box because they melted the print case. Never seen anything like it. "

So I guess you can quit checking the PPA site.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

I saw on the Fedex site this bizarre story about a mangled shipping case that they were trying to locate the owner.
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Jeff, Next time use gaffers tape instead of duct tape... Better luck next year.
    john

Also, there something in the name that triggers off a virus in the PPA website. They seem to think is's the letter combination of "wski"
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default I heard ...

I heard this totally different. All his labels came off his prints and, after arriving, the shipping label came off his case. So they can't get judged and there is no address to ship back to.

Hey everyone!

I just got a call. Apparently my images went through a special judging panel because of the condition they were in, and I have good news....
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dachowski View Post
    and I have good news....
    Jeff
    They are NOT kicking you out of PPA for disgracing the membership????????????

They thought your melted prints were a new avante garde style?

Humor is the best medicine and laughing at your prints cured an entire hospital ward?

It's raining so much here that Jim Dingwell strapped all your prints together and used them as a raft? To float the rest of our prints to safety?

In an effort to participate in a national vocational rehab program, PEC is training blind people to be print judges and they voted unanimously to use your prints for the training course?

Nah! I got it! They saw Carolle's prints and took pity on you. We all knew Carolle is way out of your league. Now the PEC does too!

Keith . . . with friends like me, Jeff doesn't need enemies!
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Well, I'm kinda shakin', I didn't see mine beofre they were shipped out. I left the paperwork and prints to my staff to finish mounting and labeling and packing and took off for the wilds of Iowa near the Mississippi. I know I could check the UPS shipping but ain't gonna do it. Got OTHER things on my mind. Camp Howe is in two days, I have a wedding to photograph today and am at my son's...what IS it with this generation? No iron or ironing board!!! Have you ever seen a rayon shirt come out of a suitcase ready to wear? You have? Well, you haven't seen this one. Maybe I should try to wrinkle it uniformly, huh?

Yeah. My prints are out of my hair. Glad their gone. Two are sealed, no big hopes for the other two as I couldn't work on them endlessly so I'm sure they stink.

Shades of I HATE HALF MY CASE

!!!

Again, they're gone. I sent them out into the world, if they love me, they'll be back.

Wait, if everyone loves them, they'll go loan and they WON'T be back!! Hmmm...hope they hate me!
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com